What's your pre-relaxer/post-relaxer regimen?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Ladies, I know our hair responds differently to various processes but since I'm fairly new around here, I'm just curious to hear what's your pre/post regimen. TIA!

For me a week before I use a clarifying shampoo. Then I use Creme of Nature porosity corrector. As for protein I use Motions CPR protein re constructor a week before and a week after a relaxer. When I'm relaxing before I neutralize I use ORS Hair Mayo. Search the Newbie Manual on here. It has a lot of great past threads about pre and post relxer hair care

I clarify, do a serious protein treatment w aphogee 2 step. Then a day or 2 before I detangle my new growth throw it in a bun and don't touch it. I want my hair to be in tip top shape before a relaxer. A week after I'll use a chelating shampoo and do a protein reconstructer with aphogee 2 min and DC again.

About a week/10 days before, I'll clarify and then use Nexxus Emergencee under dryer, no cap for about 15-20 minutes until hard. Then, I co-wash and DC with Moisture usually under Steamer.

The week leading up to, I try to do as little manipulation/hair handling as possible and I use misc. product(s) very sparingly that week.

About a day or two before, I'll lightly base my scalp with Summit Sensitive Scalp. The day of, I'll rebase my scalp (on my own) and spray my previously relaxed hair with Joico Silk Results.

I guess you could also use Apoghee Green Tea & Keratin or CHI Silk Infusion or Keratin Mist.:yep: Next time, I may also lightly apply Coconut Oil to previously relaxed hair.

After relaxing, prior to neutralizing, I'll do a Mid-Proten Treatment. Either Tigi Dumb Blonde, Redken Deep Fuel, Nexxus Keraphix, Sebastian Penetraitt, *some kind of reconstructor.

After neutralizing, I use Alfaparf Real Cream and let that sit for about 20 minutes. Then, I'll co-wash with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner and I'll DC with AE Garlic or Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatment.

After DC'ing, I'll seal everything in with a PC related product. Either Roux, Nexxus or French Stabilzer Plus.

The Week After, I'll Co-Wash with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner, I'll do another Medium Protein Treatment and Finish it up with a Moisturizing DC'er.

Last Relaxer (April) I Co-Washed with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner for about the first 4 weeks after relaxing.

I'm currently one week post relaxer. ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF BEFORE THE RELAXER I WASH WITH A SULFATE SHAMPOO AND USED JHERRI REDDING NATURAL PROTEIN CONDITINER. THEN I FOLLOWED UP WITH A MOISTURIZING DC (AUBREY ORGANICS HONEY SUCKLE ROSE) THE DAY BEFORE I OILED MY ENDS AND SCALP WITH WHEAT GERM OIL. THE DAY OF I APPLIED CREAM OF NATURE POROSITY CONTROL AND SEALED WITH SOFTEE GREASE( IT HAD MINERAL OIL BUT A TON OF GREAT STUFF AFTER LIKE WHEAT GERM, JOJOBA, OLIVE AND COCONUT OIL..ETC.... RIGHT NOW I WASED MY HAIR WITH CREAME OF NATURE SHAMPOO (OLD FORMULA) AND THEN I COMBINED APHOGEE 2 MIN RECONSTRUCTOR AND JR NAT PROTEIN, RINSED AND NOW IM DC'ING WITH BANANAS SALERM DEEP IMPACT, A MIXTURE OF OILS, AND HONEY( I RAN OUT OF AO HSR) ILL THEN DO A CLEAR RINSE AND STYLE.
SORRY FOR THE EXTRA LONG POST

I got a relaxer last week. Prior to my relaxer, I prepooed my hair and let it airdry. Then I flatironed it and wore it in a ponytail all week for minumum manipulation. Today I washed and deep-conditioned with Vo5 conditioner and Creme of Nature(mixed both because bottles almost empty) for about 1 hour. I then rinsed out and detangled. Afterwards as leave in I appliced, Chi Keratin Mist, Carols's Daughter hair balm, and Cantu oil. I am airdrying my hair and plan to bun for the rest of the week due to the hot humidity. Next week, I plan to do a protein treatment by Aphogee keratin reconstructor or aphogee treatment for damaged hair.

I'm thinking about relaxing my hair. How would I go about doing a virgin relaxer?

Girl you have to take the plunge. RELAX everything with no protection on the ends. ONLY if your hair is virgin! i would just base my scalp, ears, and neck so you don get chemical burns. Now once you decide to do touch-ups then you coat the ends of the hair with an oil or conditioner, and only relax the new growth

I'll be getting a corrective next month bc my last touch up did not take due to the moisturizer I applied to my new growth the night before. I do recommend applying something to your previously relaxed hair to protect it. I'm going to apply coconut oil to my temples and the length of my hair for my corrective and by that time I'll be 6 wks post so I might do another aphogee 2 step treatment.

Pre-Relaxer (4 days to a week prior to relaxing):

• clarify
  • protein treatment (medium)
  • moisturizing DC
  • airdry in rollerset
Day of Relaxer:

• base scalp; protect processed hair a serum/oil/vaseline mixture
  • protein treatment (light) after rinsing relaxer, but prior to neutralizing
  • moisturizing DC
Post-Relaxer( 4 days to a week after relaxing):

• clarify w/neutralizing poo
  • protein treatment (medium)