What's your opinion on sticking with one product line?

lovegan

Soooooooo, last night I went to a beauty supply store and over dosed on nexxus products (phyto organics line and more of the regular stuff). I have this fear of mixing and matching products because I was under the impression products of a certain line or manufacturer were designed to work together and in unison to provide the best results.

BUUUUUT I realized Nexxus doesn't have the best leave-in conditioner , so I've been wooing Carol's Daughter hair dressings. It bugs me I can't get all I need out of one line of products.

Has anyone found everything they need in one or even just two line of products?

Product lines are designed to work together but if a product is crap on your hair then toss it. Whether they come from the same line or not, you need to pick products that give you the best results.

I have about 4 lines that I really like. I have picked the best products for my hair out of those lines. I have yet to find one product line that contains everything I need.

After sleeping on it for years I've found out that I love Elasta QP's product line. However I only use the relaxer, shampoo, cond, mango butter, and Recovery Oil moisturizer. This is the only line I use, but I don't use everything that they offer (i.e. spray leave-in, protein drops, gel).

After sleeping on it for years I've found out that I love Elasta QP's product line. However I only use the relaxer, shampoo, cond, mango butter, and Recovery Oil moisturizer. This is the only line I use, but I don't use everything that they offer (i.e. spray leave-in, protein drops, gel).

i hear soooooooooo much about this mango butter!
is it pretty heavy or more on the light side? I need a leave-in that's light but still keeps my hair well moisturized.

i hear soooooooooo much about this mango butter!
is it pretty heavy or more on the light side? I need a leave-in that's light but still keeps my hair well moisturized.

I use the Mango Butter when I'm doing a twist-out. I don't use it everyday cause I'm heavy-handed. It's not heavy but not light either just depends on how much you use. It does keep my twist-out moisturized though. What I do is put some on my hands and then make my twists then I rub a little more on the end of the twist before putting a roller on it.

I can't just stay w/ one line...what I do is pick my favorite product from each haircare line and move on. For example: I would use the Healthy Hair Butter from Carol's Daughter, but I would never try there shampoo ever again.:nono:

I enjoy using shampoo and conditioners from the same line, but I simply can't find a line that has EVERYTHING I need, i.e. leave-ins, moisturizers, deep treatments.

So I do try to stick with basic shampoo and conditioners sets when I can, but I will use styling products and treatments from other lines.

Honestly, I don't even thing it is all that important to use the shampoo/conditioner sets from the same line. I have used mixed products before. I just like the way the sets look in my shower caddy. :yep:

I use the Mango Butter when I'm doing a twist-out. I don't use it everyday cause I'm heavy-handed. It's not heavy but not light either just depends on how much you use. It does keep my twist-out moisturized though. What I do is put some on my hands and then make my twists then I rub a little more on the end of the twist before putting a roller on it.

I might have to try this stuff...yall speak so highly of it!!!

i just need something to keep my hair weighed down just a bit when I air dry so it doesn't get too fluffly :perplexed

I enjoy using shampoo and conditioners from the same line, but I simply can't find a line that has EVERYTHING I need, i.e. leave-ins, moisturizers, deep treatments.

So I do try to stick with basic shampoo and conditioners sets when I can, but I will use styling products and treatments from other lines.

Honestly, I don't even thing it is all that important to use the shampoo/conditioner sets from the same line. I have used mixed products before. I just like the way the sets look in my shower caddy. :yep:

aesthetics are important :drunk:

I just wish there was that ONE hair line of products that took care of it all. the closet i've gotten is with nexxus...but we shall see. the more time i spend on this board, the more i become a product junky!:nono:

Back