Whats your Next Relaxer

KhandiB

If youre not 100% satisfied with your last one..

Thanks to MizaniMami Im contemplating Bantu :lol:
I used to use it when I was a teenager...

What I may try
Affirm (MAYBE!)
Bantu
Elasta QP
I might give ORS another try and just work it a few minutes longer

I need my hair straight and the ones Ive been using arent really doing it for me..

Well Im self relaxing today and Ill be using Just For Me regular. Im getting braids in about a week or so, so I didnt want anything strong and believe or not the kiddie perm gets my hair just as straight as a adult perm.

KhandiB said:
If youre not 100% satisfied with your last one..

Thanks to MizaniMami Im contemplating Bantu :lol:
I used to use it when I was a teenager...

What I may try
Affirm (MAYBE!)
Bantu
Elasta QP
I might give ORS another try and just work it a few minutes longer

I need my hair straight and the ones Ive been using arent really doing it for me..

i am going to a lye relaxer (affirm, more than likely) no-lye makes my hair too dry :-(

Since I started back relaxing I've been sticking with lye relaxers. The first ones I tried was Elasta QP in miild and Silk elements for course hair but neither was strong enough to get my resistant hair straight.I know use Mizani regular and it gets the job done in less than 15 minutes. I tried Affirm when I was in college but it was very harsh so I would be careful with that one IMHO.

I love Affirm...
I used Motions for my last one and ive never had problems with it...so ill probably use that till the tub is finished

I having been thinking of trying Bantu or Lady Velvet.

None of the relaxers that are raved about here get my hair straight.

TCB Naturals original , which i found out has a 14 ph, is the only one that gets my hair straight in the amount of time suggested.

Now that they have created this piece of crap "economical size" TCB Naturals that my NG just laughs at, i want to try something new.

Yeah TCB was strong as hell, I havent used it in a while, but I defintely remember the burn :lol:

I KNOW Bantu works though, in my whole life it has gotten my hair the straightest..

HoneyDew said:
I having been thinking of trying Bantu or Lady Velvet.

None of the relaxers that are raved about here get my hair straight.

TCB Naturals original , which i found out has a 14 ph, is the only one that gets my hair straight in the amount of time suggested.

Now that they have created this piece of crap "economical size" TCB Naturals that my NG just laughs at, i want to try something new.

Elucence. Switching form no-lye to lye.

*Well, honestly that's the plan. I'll keep yall posted. I havent ordered it yet.*

After joining this board (a few days ago) I really want to try phyto. My next relaxer won't be til August, so I have some time to do a little more research and make a final decision.

It kind of sucks, cause I just bought that huge 4lb tub of Affirm and all of the stuff that goes with it... Oh well, I guess I could always advertise it for a swap or sale.

sky_blu said:
Well Im self relaxing today and Ill be using Just For Me regular. Im getting braids in about a week or so, so I didnt want anything strong and believe or not the kiddie perm gets my hair just as straight as a adult perm.

you know just for me has a ph of 14 which is higher than many adult relaxers that have a ph ranging from 12 - 13

Right now I am using Affirm mild but when I finish the tub I am going to use mizani mild, I like to alternate between the two.

Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer has been good to me from August 2005 to present. Have not had any problems whatsoever---but........

After I finish up the current tub of Motions I would like to try Phyto. :)

I still have half a jar of motions naturals, it's ok but I like Creme of nature lye relaxer the absolute best. I also like revlon realistic, but it gets my hair too straight sometimes. I think I'm gonna finish my jar of motions though...I might as well not waste money.

I'm going to go to the salon to get a Mizani relaxer. I used Mizani once a long time ago (maybe 7 years ago), and the only thing I can remember is that it didn't last. But I keep reading very good reviews about it so I'm going to try it again and see what happens.

Back