What's Your Hair Balls Looking Like? How Much Do You Shed?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Happy Mother's Day to all the fine women in here! This is my one week's worth of shed hair for 18-19 inches of thick strand hair at WL.

What's your hair ball looking like in one week?

Post your hair balls here and how many inches you have so we can know what to expect when we reach certain lengths/inches.

Here's my one week hair ball in different shapes. Balled up, pulled apart, and gathered. (Same ball in all the pictures).

Attachments

• 20180513_233217.jpg
    20180513_233217.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180513_233227.jpg
    20180513_233227.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180513_233301.jpg
    20180513_233301.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
So I have less hair coming out since I switched back to using my pick to detangle instead of my fingers (although I am a Surgeon & Pro at finger detangling).
There is something about using a pick though. Shoot, ancient Africans used picks right? Ok.

Attachments

• affb4df0bb5f1f282a3072bc4c2211a3.jpg
    affb4df0bb5f1f282a3072bc4c2211a3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74
I’ll take a picture when I remember to, but it depends on the seasons.

During winter they’re extremely small. Maybe the size of a dime.

During the fall they get bigger, maybe quarter/silver dollar size.

During the summer they get downright huge. Espeacially if I’ve been stretching washes. They can get up to the size of a tennis ball in diameter.

Depends on how long I've stretched out wash day and the time of year.

Spring on into summer, they're GIANT balls of hair and can completely cover my whole palm (with no skin visible underneath the mass of hair). Fall and winter, barely golf ball sized or smaller.

OMG. This is me. I truly thought it was because I've been doing somethibf wrong. They are getting smaller now that I moisturize more, but it still seemed like so much hair for such fine hair.

My hair hair balls are like OPs if I go 2 weeks no detangling and dont moisturize enough, but if I stay under 10 days between detangling then I get 1/3 of that.

Im not WL yet. I'm about APL when straightened.....finally. My Wash and Go length is above my shoulders.

Oh okay. I was on the defensive side for a second. But then I was going to ask what’s your thickness like if your hair balls are rather large with the length you currently have. Gotta be a pretty thick head of hair.

Defensive? Why? :lachen:Yeah, my hair is very thick. But I'm paranoid it won't stay that way for long with the size of the shed balls I get everytime I detangle it :rolleyes:

Defensive? Why? :lachen:Yeah, my hair is very thick. But I'm paranoid it won't stay that way for long with the size of the shed balls I get everytime I detangle it :rolleyes:

Well, it’s like this:

I’m apart of another hair forum, and half of the time everyone is so defensive, or they constantly try to one-up each other, even about things like trimming, or shampooing, or co-washing. I guess I read the tone of your post wrong. Point being, I’m somewhat on defense mode when it comes to hair forums because everyone is always tripping over hair. But that was mainly why I had to explain.

I think shedding is fine even in large quantities, of it’s a regular cycle your hair goes through. Every time I try to decrease shedding with rinses and whatnot, whenever I stop it’s like she’s to compensate for the lack of previous shedding lol

Well, it’s like this:

I’m apart of another hair forum, and half of the time everyone is so defensive, or they constantly try to one-up each other, even about things like trimming, or shampooing, or co-washing. I guess I read the tone of your post wrong. Point being, I’m somewhat on defense mode when it comes to hair forums because everyone is always tripping over hair. But that was mainly why I had to explain.

I think shedding is fine even in large quantities, of it’s a regular cycle your hair goes through. Every time I try to decrease shedding with rinses and whatnot, whenever I stop it’s like she’s to compensate for the lack of previous shedding lol

Oh, I see! I was just confused because shedding a lot is not usually considered something to brag about so I was like huh? LOL! That sucks that people can be so defensive on other forums. Luckily ladies on this forum (at least in the hair section) tend to be really friendly and supportive of one another. :) Btw, your hairs length is amazing :love:

Oh, I see! I was just confused because shedding a lot is not usually considered something to brag about so I was like huh? LOL! That sucks that people can be so defensive on other forums. Luckily ladies on this forum (at least in the hair section) tend to be really friendly and supportive of one another. :) Btw, your hairs length is amazing :love:

Ugh no kidding!

Believe me, some ladies will turn anything into a contest. I see it YouTube more than anything else.

Yea the hair section folks are my favorite lol. There’s some arguing in other forums but I just choose to stay friendly and not comment.

And thank you! I look at it way too much, so half of the time I’m just like, “Nah, it’s still short looking to me.” So I’m just keeping it away in braids for the rest of the year, and so this thinning spot where my crown is can grow back fuller.

Back