What's your favorite Oil or Lotion-Type Moisturizer?

JenJen2721

What's your favorite Oil/Lotion-Type Moisturizer?

I'm currently loving African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer (MOM), it makes my hair sooo soft after a condition wash/rinse.

Coming up at a close second is Elasta QP Recovery Moisturizer, but it has nothing on M.O.M.

I'm also curious to try the Asha's Naturals Coco de Leche and Dudleys PCA moisturizer (any reviews would be greatly appreciated).

List your favorites here.

Last edited:
My two faves right now are: African Pride Dream Kids Instant Oil Moisturizing Lotion and AB Organic's Shea Butter & Tea Tree Oil Moisturizing Lotion.

Well it used to be Bronner Bros, then I started buying the woojee cream

Oils I was never big on but I LOVE the Qhemet softening oil and all the Qhemet products now.

I really like Asha's Coco de Leche. It is very, very moisturizing and has a nice fragrance. It makes my hair really soft too.

I also like:

MyHoneyChild Honey Hair Soy Milk because it smells GREAT (kinda sweet, but not too sweet). The consistency is really milky and rich and it moisturizes really well, which makes it easy to manage my hair.

I am also waiting on the arrival of my ALLWays Instant Oil Moisturizer Leave In Conditioner, I hope this works, but it was cheap so if it doesn't it is no great loss.

cocopuff said:
I am also waiting on the arrival of my ALLWays Instant Oil Moisturizer Leave In Conditioner, I hope this works, but it was cheap so if it doesn't it is no great loss.

My mother swears by this product, and she's always had the softest hair that I've ever felt. :)

bajanplums1 said:
* QP Elasta Recovery mixed with Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids.

I have been curious about the Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids product, but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for my hair. Is this product only for texturized hair or can naturals use it as well?

Hair2day said:
UBH Lotion creme moisturizer!!!! Simply the best!!!:yep:

Glad you asked this question :)

I am looking for the best one for my hair. Right now I am using NTM Leave in as a creme moisturizer, but I will try UBH next.

Africa's best organics tea tree oil and shea butter oil moisturiser and soft and beautiful lite creme moisturiser

Another vote for AB's Shea Butter Tea Tree moisturizer. I didnt like it the first time I tried it but like it a lot now.

Also Elasta QP Recovery but it works best when used in combination with another oil or moisturizer.

I love using NTM Silk Leave- In as a daily moisturizer, my hair loves it as well. As far as oils, I love jojoba, castor, coconut and wild growth oils. Ny hair responds to these products quite well.

Still checking out a lot of Asha's products as well as Oyin's :)

Daisy'sHair said:
I love using NTM Silk Leave- In as a daily moisturizer, my hair loves it as well. As far as oils, I love jojoba, castor, coconut and wild growth oils. Ny hair responds to these products quite well.

Still checking out a lot of Asha's products as well as Oyin's :)

I checked out those products ALOT before I finally broke down and bought them. I like Asha's Heavenly Hair Pudding, Coco de Leche, Silk Rose, and Roots. I still want to try the Sunkissed pomade, though

I also like Oyin's Whipped Pudding, Greg Juice, and Shine & Define. I heard that they are going to be adding new products to the line, so I will continue to check out this site.

c_octavia said:
I use a mix of Shealoebutter, Elasta Qp Recovery, and Gensing Miracle Wonder 8 Oil.
octavia, me and that shealoe butter have been fighting something fierce. i couldn't wait to get it, but it has not been working out. i'll have to try it with this Recovery. :yep:

I liked the following oil moisturizers when I was relaxed...
Motions At Home Hair Lotion
ElastaQP Recovery
KeraCare Oil Moisturizer w/ Jojoba Oil
Pantene R&N Daily Oil Cream Moisturizer

Now, oil moisturizers do not work very well with my hair. My hair is in love with S-Curl right now. Once I run out, I'm gonna try that Elasta QP Pentrating Moisturizer.

Re: What's your favorite Oil/Lotion-Type Moisturizer?

paul mitchell "the conditioner" this is a daily leave-in that my hair loves.

adrienne0914 said:
octavia, me and that shealoe butter have been fighting something fierce. i couldn't wait to get it, but it has not been working out. i'll have to try it with this Recovery. :yep:

I am sorry to hear that.. I love mine I started mixing it with other stuff b/c I was scared I was gonna have to start ordering it by the pound!.. I use it to airdry, and on my ends at night..I hope it starts working for you. I think its wonderful.. Hey, if it never agrees w/ you I will take it! ;)

Last edited:
Right now my hair is loving pure shea butter. Elasta Oil Recovery, Redken's Moist Ends and Surge's Motion Lotion #9 are more of my favorites.

Things that I use and love:
Any conditioner lying around
L'Oreal Unfrizz Taming Creme
I use grease too to seal my ends when wearing a wet bun.

I really don't put too much stuff on my hair daily since I wash almost everyday.

Back