What's your favorite Clarifying Poo?

chayil0427

Hey ladies...looking for a good clarifying poo that doesn't leave you stripped. I was thinking about trying Nexxus Aloe Rid or Dr. Bonners Castile Soap?

What is your favorite clarifying poo?

Chayil

I use Kenra Clarifying Poo. I like it. Doesn't seem to leave my hair stripped after I used it, although I have to moisturize a lot the week after I clarify. I'm thinking it has something to do with the moisturizing shampoo I'm using following the clarifying. I've discovered it has some harsh ingredients in it and really isn't that moisturizing. I've recently purchased Kenra Moisturizing Poo, so hopefully that resolves that issue.

Nexxus Aloe Rid

Redken Cleansing Cream

Nexxus Phyto Organics Kelate

Those are the most fantastic clarifying and chelating shampoos I've ever used. They aren't stripping and my deep conditioner seems to work so much better after using them.

I clarify about once every four weeks.

My favorites are Aveda Detoxifying shampoo and Redken Cleansing Cream. I want to try Nexxus Aloe Rid also.

MissMadaam said:
I use Suave daily clarifying shampoo with no problem once a week
I used this for the first time today, followed by a second lather with Nexxus Therappe. My grandmother said my hair feels really soft.

I haven't tried any other clarifying poos yet. I want to try Nexxus Aloe Rid, KeraCare 1st Lather, and Redken Cleansing Cream to see what kind of results I get. I've read good reviews on those here and in fotki albums.

ETA: I did a pre-poo (Keracare Humecto) before I washed with Suave Clarifying this morning.

Last edited:
I have nexxus aloe rid and kenra clarifying poo. I like Kenra better, it seems to be more gentle than nexxus aloe rid.

I love Design Essentials organic cleanse shampoo. I use this every two to three weeks and I get clean hair that is still soft and not stripped. It smells great and a little goes a long way. I have had my current 8oz bottle for close to a year and it should get me through July.

I use ones that are labeled for hard water.

I like Kenra Clarifying Chelating shampoo, Redken Cleansing cream or the ION shampoo for hard water.

I prefer the Kenra over all others.

Nexxus Aloe rid for me..It's the only one that really seems to get all of the gunk off my hair.

but be warned you will need some serious moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

I try to clarify once per month( every 4 weeks)

This item isn't labeled as a clarifying shampoo, but my stylist uses Lemon Fluff shampoo to clarify my hair. It comes in a tub--small, medium and large. It really does the job, and it smells really good plus it's economical.

Last edited:
CurleeDST said:
Elucence is my favorite! Does the job without stripping the hair.

I forgot about the elucence clarifying shampoo. I have not used that in a long time. I really liked this one also, especially for more frequent clarifying because it does not dry my hair. I am going to reorder this one.

I'm fairly new to the clarifying game, but I definitely like Pantene's clarifying 'poo. I lather up w/it once weekly, and I have to say, my scalp itchies have greatly decreased, and my hair is much softer post-DC on clarifying days.

I also like that it's easy on the pocketbook. Leaves me more $$ for my beloved Joico S&C (Moisture Recovery) :p.

HTH

I've only tried one and thats been the Suave Clarifying Shampoo. My boyfriend uses this shampoo daily or Tresemmes Shampoo so I just use it cause its in the house. I think I'll try the Nexxus or Keracare one next.

I dumped Suave daily clarifying for my old school Herbal Essences clarifying with Rosemary, Jasmine, and orange flavour. :love:

I actually just clarified for the first time with Nexxxus Aloe Rid. It worked well. My hair doesn't feel stripped but it feels "lighter" if that makes sense. It's very soft and I think it's a keeper.

Back