What's your dream wedding?

I have never seen the "we'll do it later" scenario work out. Whatever your wedding day was, 9 times out of 10 that's the only memory you are ever going to have so I want to make sure I get exactly what I want.

I would like a smallish wedding of about 75 or so people but extremely glamourous. Has anyone ever seen "How To Marry A Millionaire"? The wedding at the end in the penthouse? I want something along those lines. I don't want a huge circus full of people I barely know, family members I can hardly stand, etc. I just don't want that. :nono:

I want an intimate, high level wedding.:yep:

I have never seen the "we'll do it later" scenario work out. Whatever your wedding day was, 9 times out of 10 that's the only memory you are ever going to have so I want to make sure I get exactly what I want.

I would like a smallish wedding of about 75 or so people but extremely glamourous. Has anyone ever seen "How To Marry A Millionaire"? The wedding at the end in the penthouse? I want something along those lines. I don't want a huge circus full of people I barely know, family members I can hardly stand, etc. I just don't want that. :nono:

I want an intimate, high level wedding.:yep:
I've told folks that the small wedding I dream of is not going to be cheap. I'd rather focus my funds on making sure everyone has an excellent time.

My dream wedding is one that is followed by a healthy, happy, long-lasting marriage. All of those other details aren't that big of a deal to me anymore.

My dream wedding is one that is followed by a healthy, happy, long-lasting marriage. All of those other details aren't that big of a deal to me anymore.
@Ladybelle This was really sweet! I want the details:lol:, but I want the healthy happy long lasting marriage way more.

@ CurlyMoo my people are known for lavish parties. The average naija wedding has about 250-350 guests. I kid you not!

I also want something unique but on a small scale. I'm thinking the small private wedding and reception, and then the traditional wedding + big reception a day or 2 after.

I am also Nigerian and I can totally relate! :yep:

My dream wedding would be a very small intimate wedding. I would like no more than 20 to 30 guests of close friends and family.

I've even thought about a nice relaxing beach wedding!! :) and then after the ceremony go inside to a nice small reception.

I would like my dress to be very classy and simple nothing big and bulky though(just not my style)

I don't want anything too over the top and too long either.

I saw an early screening of Jump The Broom. That wedding is exactly what I want (without the drama:lol). Quaint and intimate, but oh so luxurious.

I want a big wedding with family and friends and the works. I want it outside late in the evening and fireworks to follow the reception. Then I want a 7 night honeymoon cruise in the mediterranean so we can relax and be catered to.

I'm thinking small and intimate...about 35 people. I'm looking at hotels where I can just pay a fee and they take care of everything and my and groom pretty much just show up. I'm not big on planning at all. There resort where I work does gorgeous weddings but it would be very weird getting married at my place of employment. *shudders*

Nope, not in a relationship at all but here's the dream (lol) ...

Small, private wedding. With 75 guests or less, which is no easy feat considering the size of my father's family. I'm shy and I don't like a lot of fan fare. My parents like to make a big deal out of everything, so they're not paying that way I don't have to listen to them. :look:

Indoors, I love weddings that have the ceremony in one area, transition area for cocktails and appetizers, and full ballroom for dinner and dancing. I like things to go smooth and natural.

Speaking of which, fabrics/clothing, etc. nothing elaborate but simple. Old Hollywood fitting dresses for the bridesmaids. Tea-length. Silk. Lace and pearls for me. Natural updo. White/cream/acru tuxedo for the groom.

Small wedding party :look: I'm not sure I trust anyone to be my maid of honor (lol) Three bridesmaids and groomsmen, tops. And a gorgeous reception with great food ... and a surprise musical guest - Babyface
:yawn:

Last edited:
I've given up on dreaming about weddings.

I'd be happy with just being married at the courthouse.

I'd be grateful if I got married at all.

I'm thinking small and intimate...about 35 people. I'm looking at hotels where I can just pay a fee and they take care of everything and my and groom pretty much just show up. I'm not big on planning at all. There resort where I work does gorgeous weddings but it would be very weird getting married at my place of employment. *shudders*

FemmeCreole,

ooh, I never knew about this. I figured a destination wedding would be the way to go. I hate planning and don't look forward to the details of planning a wedding. All this time I wanted a nice little destination wedding but I don't think my SO is too fond of the idea particularly since his family would have to fly out. A coworker of mine from NY had a 'destination' wedding in Maryland and said everything came to less than like 15k for 100 guests and said the venue was beautiful. I'd def be open to something like that.

there are a lot of those options in Orlando.... SO just threw me for a loop though... his numbers and mine don't match ... ugh!

Awww don't give up! :hug2: Did you see in the news the couple who got married at 99? :blush: It's possible at ANY age.

A coworker of mine from NY had a 'destination' wedding in Maryland and said everything came to less than like 15k for 100 guests and said the venue was beautiful. I'd def be open to something like that.
Brittster

Do tell!! More details!! :yep:

SmilingElephant I'm with you on the third one.

The only thing is I refuse to give up. I've been through to much with the opposite sex....NOT to get married!!

My dream wedding is a destination wedding out of the country. Maybe something on the beach with the sun setting. Hopefully, maybe 20 to
35 people, if that many. But then again I would be content if it was just me and FH.

If I was to get married again..hint hint ( it was at a courthouse)
I would like a small wedding....maybe a destination would be nice. What I want more now is a 5br house 3bathrooms and a pool LOL:)

I would like my wedding to take place in the garden of a beautiful estate. The cocktail hour can be inside one of the sunrooms and the reception would take place inside the most grand room in the house.

I'd like a max of 80 people present. I'd only want junior bridesmaids, junior groomsmen, flower girls, ring bearers as members of the wedding party (idea from Kate Moss's wedding). We'll take pics on the grounds and in the neighborhood. Hopefully there's a lake or mountains nearby.

I really want us to be able to spend time with each person that came for the special day. Next day would be a family brunch at the same house then we'd fly off to our vaycay destination.

Typing that out actually helped to organize my thoughts.

if i had time to type up my whole wedding from the 100+ wedding ideas i have written in my wedding notebook that started at age 11 I would lol but now that i met this new guy we have discussed weddings (we're not together YET pray for me ladies) and homeboy and I sure are in sync lol He even has me thinking of a destination wedding...funny cuz we officially met on a cruise going to mexico lol

Keep the dreams coming ladies!!!

Back