What's Your Daily Moisturizer & Sealer?

I use B&B Oil Moisturizer mixed with Nuetrogena Leave In - every day, once a day

I just apply it to my entire head of hair sparingly, I bend upside down and apply it to make sure I get the back and middle (dryest parts of my hair)

I don't seal it with an oil. Oil just makes my hair oily. But I could try this once at the end of the week before my wash day. Hmm... good idea.

I mix a few together to give me the perfect moisturizer for my hair, and I use:

Eqyss Rehydrant Spray mixed with WEN fig cleansing conditioner, a tiny bit of Infusium 23 (for a balance of protein), Nexxus Humectress for thickness, and Wave Nouveau - loves the water base in this one. I shake up the bottle and voila, perfect mix and it leaves my hair super silky. I sometimes use these moisturizers separately but not often anymore. I love moisturizers, hence the reason I have so many. I actually have others I use as well like CFCG and African Royale braid spray - nice on my cornrows and braids, yum, yum.

I'm a new member looking for a daily moisturizer?

What's your daily moisturizer?
How do you use it?
When do you use it...b4 or after styling?
What do you seal it with?

I moisturize with Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter and then either seal with extra virgin coconut oil or CD's Lisa's Hair Elixir. I usually use it every night before I pin up my hair and cover it with a scarf for bed. I don't apply it in the morning. I just style and go.

My current daily moisturizer is: Ojon Leave-in glossing cream
My current daily sealer is: Ojon Restorative treatment

My current daily moisturizer is: Nairobi humecta-sil co, moisture-sil hair lotion, and soft-finishing leave in(about a dime-quarter size of each)

My current oil(end) sealant is(or will be once it gets here :yep:): Nexxus aloxxi botanic oil

What's your daily moisturizer?

Kids Organics Shea Butter
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Cantu Leave-In
NTM Silk Touch Leave-In
I just purchased some rosewater and glycerin. I've heard of people using these two ingredients with other concoction but not together. I'll see how it works

How do you use it?

I just slather it on. I focus on the middle of my head because it get dry and also the ends.

When do you use it...b4 or after styling?

I don't know much styling these days. I just put it on, seal, clip my hair or put it in a ponytail.

What do you seal it with?

Seal with coconut oil, olive oil or castor oil

right now i am in love with moisturizing with hydratherma naturals growth lotion and sealing with hairveda vatika frosting.

i also use from time to time:
keracare creme hairdress
unrefined shea butter

to seal i go back and forth between hairveda's vatika frosting and cocasta oil(this is my fave. but the growth lotion is so thick that i need a light oil to seal so thats why i use the frosting).

moisturizer: aloe vera gel + glycerin
seal with: castor oil (changing to coconut once i'm out of these cornrows)
i do this at least once a day

malachi - I've been reading coconut oil isn't a moisturizer...do you add anything to it or just use it alone...I do use coconut oil but after my leave in...

Actually i have read just the opposite via many threads here and by me just searching for info on the net myself. According to most of what I've read coconut oil is one of the oils that DOES penetrate/moisturize your hair strands unlike other oils...it's debatable.:yep:

My hair has never been more moisturized and never felt more healthy than when i implemented coconut oil as a staple in my routine. it could be that the water is the moisturizer, coconut oil is sealant, and sabino is double sealant.

Actually i have read just the opposite via many threads here and by me just searching for info on the net myself. According to most of what I've read coconut oil is one of the oils that DOES penetrate/moisturize your hair strands unlike other oils...it's debatable.:yep:

My hair has never been more moisturized and never felt more healthy than when i implemented coconut oil as a staple in my routine. it could be that the water is the moisturizer, coconut oil is sealant, and sabino is double sealant.

Thanks...I think going to try coconut alone or shea butter.

Back