What's up with the back of my head? (a little long)

aurora3140

Hey ladies!

I have a problem. I stretch my relaxers for only 8-10 weeks but now, even though it's processed for the same amount of time as when I wasn't stretching, my hair ends up texlaxed. I have absolutely no problem with texlaxed hair except the back section of my hair is more underprocessed than the rest. The whole length of it curls and waves up like type 3c or 4a natural hair when wet.

I've also noticed that that section is shorter than the rest of my hair by about 1 or 2 inches. I think part of the reason it's shorter is shrinkage, but also because when I had my Nana rinse my henna out 2 months ago, she was a little rough during the detangling and that section suffered the most. I also suspect it's been breaking because it's underprocessed.

My question is: For my next touch-up should I do a corrective on that area ? Or will this do more harm than good?

Not certain - but could that section of hair be a different texture? Maybe either needs more time under the perm, or less time, so that it doesn't break?

Sorry, I'm not relaxed, so I can't be of very much help - but those would be the two things I would first think of.

And I think you are supposed to wait four weeks for a corrective.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice JustKiya. I was thinking that it was a curlier texture, too. I used to have the relaxer applied to that area first, but I stopped because my nape was starting to thin, so now it gets relaxed last and it barely gets straight :perplexed. If I decide to, I won't be correcting until my next touch-up at 8 weeks post.

Back