What's up with Phytospecific...they done cheated me!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well today I got my order of the Phyto relaxer from Hairboutique.com. Boy I was excited. I was happy to see that my order included a sample of Phytodefrisant. Yay!!

Well, of course you know I had to inspect the package even though I won't be relaxing until later. I was all excited and everything. First I pulled out the inductor and the bottle seemed quite small but cute. Then I pulled out the neutralizer which looked like a normal size for a kit. Me likey the size of the Milky reconstructor even though the tube is a litte dented.:ohwell: Last but not least out comes the imfamous PhytoSpecific Relax and my heart just sunk!!

I was like "how in the world am I going to relax my hair with this teeny eeny bit of relaxer?" I don't you can get one use out of it much less two uses. Maybe it will expand once I mix it. I use double that when I am doing my relaxer because I am messy.

All in all, I hope that I get as good of results from it as everyone else did!!

Any suggestions so I won't run out in the middle of relaxing??

Don't worry DSD, it'll expand once you mix it. I used quite a bit and I still had some left over. :) I need to send you a pm about your shirts ;)

Yooooooooo....these inflammatory phyto headings must cease....

Yeah, I said it.

DSD! *WAVING* U should have some left ova like the movie star said! Happy Phyto-ing to you my sista!:grin:

I thought the same thing too DSD. When I did my phytorelaxer, I had four months worth of new growth and I had a little bit left over. So, there is enough for at least one application.

Thanks ladies!! Sounds like I will have to use the whole jar.

I will keep you updated. Gotta head over to the Super Grow Out update thread.

Man, I have been so busy this week. No time for anything.

dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks ladies!! Sounds like I will have to use the whole jar.

I will keep you updated. Gotta head over to the Super Grow Out update thread.

Man, I have been so busy this week. No time for anything.

Yes...this must be true...as I have been awaiting feedback from u ms.dsd on my friggin pic! U know I'm trying to grow and be like you! It took me three years to put one up...and then you leave me hanging. *cough*

KAddy said:
Gotta Lov you Mo! :lachen:

Thank you pusha!

Folks trying to steal my phyto joy and sh**...I ain't neva said ish about Affirm, Just For Me, Revlon, Silk Elements, and so on and so on...leave my Phyto alone...it ain't never (really) hurt nobody...well, maybe one or two apparently...although I feel my hair and have some trouble comprehending that...but back to the point.

Stop these inflammatory Phyto threads before I grab a K-Cutter comb and wreck shop!:mad:

*Running out of thread*

MonaLisa said:
Yes...this must be true...as I have been awaiting feedback from u ms.dsd on my friggin pic! U know I'm trying to grow and be like you! It took me three years to put one up...and then you leave me hanging. *cough*

The few minutes that I have to spend on the board tonight are not enough. I was looking through the Super Grow out thread and it is so much there to go through. I just want to tell everyone that I will respond really soon and I haven't forgotten about you. I have just been so friggin tired. My days are ending extremely late and I have been helping my mother out all week. By the time I get home around 8 or 9 I have to put the kiddies in bed and I am back up again by 5 am.

Immo make a special effort to check out those pics though. Afterwards I am hitting the sack my eyes are barely staying open!!

Take care ladies!!

dontspeakdefeat said:
The few minutes that I have to spend on the board tonight are not enough. I was looking through the Super Grow out thread and it is so much there to go through. I just want to tell everyone that I will respond really soon and I haven't forgotten about you. I have just been so friggin tired. My days are ending extremely late and I have been helping my mother out all week. By the time I get home around 8 or 9 I have to put the kiddies in bed and I am back up again by 5 am.

Immo make a special effort to check out those pics though. Afterwards I am hitting the sack my eyes are barely staying open!!

Take care ladies!!

We all appreciate everything you are doing for us, but take time for yourself if you need to.
11.gif

MonaLisa said:
Thank you pusha!

Folks trying to steal my phyto joy and sh**...I ain't neva said ish about Affirm, Just For Me, Revlon, Silk Elements, and so on and so on...leave my Phyto alone...it ain't never (really) hurt nobody...well, maybe one or two apparently...although I feel my hair and have some trouble comprehending that...but back to the point.

Stop these inflammatory Phyto threads before I grab a K-Cutter comb and wreck shop!:mad:

*Running out of thread*

Y'all are too crazy!!:lachen:

I knew the risks when I started this thread:grin:

I didn't think it would take so long for y'all to gang up on me!! lol

Mona, I checked out your pics and your hair looks great!! You did a great job on the trim!!

I am going to bed now. I will have more time for y'all tomorrow!! :kiss:
Good Night!

ok. *kicks pebble across the road* you're forgiven dsd.

And for lord's sake...don't pass out on us...get some rest please!

oh...Phyto!

dontspeakdefeat said:
I was like "how in the world am I going to relax my hair with this teeny eeny bit of relaxer?" I don't you can get one use out of it much less two uses. Maybe it will expand once I mix it. I use double that when I am doing my relaxer because I am messy.

All in all, I hope that I get as good of results from it as everyone else did!!

Any suggestions so I won't run out in the middle of relaxing??

I was wondering the same exact thing. I got my kit on Monday, and since I normally need a full jar anyway, I am REALLY not sure it will be enough (at 16 weeks post relaxer). I'm considering selling it because I don't want any set backs at this point. :ohwell:

Let us know how it works out for you when you use it.

Poetess232 said:
I was wondering the same exact thing. I got my kit on Monday, and since I normally need a full jar anyway, I am REALLY not sure it will be enough (at 16 weeks post relaxer). I'm considering selling it because I don't want any set backs at this point. :ohwell:

Let us know how it works out for you when you use it.

*Mona scribbles down...Poetess232...potentially selling phyto...must find out if Index 2....since she touched up at 14 weeks and had relaxer left over...*

Hey Ya'll... I was casually strolling around my 'hood and what do I pass? None other than Ricky's. I was like, "Oh heck! Lemme see if they have the Phytorelaxer." They had 'em in stock. I was like "Ooooh! I gotta touch it and gave the box a poke. Ha! Ha! I even picked it up and read the packaging. That's when a white male working the store came up to me and said he gets so many raves about that relaxer... from people of all ethnicities with curly, frizzy hair. He said some white dude gets it all the time and loves it. He also said he got some complaints that it didn't last that long. He said he heard that Rusk has a really good relaxer too. Hmmmmm.... I'm thinking about trying it (the Phyto, that is), but I never learn the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" lesson very well. I kindly put it back on the shelf. Is there anyone here that has used it over a year? That's who I need to hear from. There was one person on this board who said she had adverse effects.

I'm with you AJD! If it ain't broke I ain't messin' with it! I have been tempted but I keep telling myself that my hair is coming along nicely and back away from the computer. All these rave reviews had me thinkin' though. So far I'm resisting the pusha and her crew.

I have had extremely bad experiences with no lye relaxers so I'm just waiting and watching all those who have tried it.

Oh yeah DSD, don't forget to post your reviews of Phyto.

I think anyone who hasn't had a good experience with no-lyes are better off leaving it alone. Esp. if you already have long hair!

Back