whats up with my wrap?

me-T

when i look at u-tube vids of someone takin down their wrap,the hair starts fallin before she even pics up a comb, and they can easily break the wrap. but my hair stays stuck in position and doesnt want to break out of it.

how i wrap(if this helps)
part it in 4 sections, oiling each one, and wrap it section at a time with a comb, smoothin it down with a boar bristle . i cover it with saran wrap as a "baggie method" then put the wrap cap over it, take the pins out so i dont have dents.

I notice when my wraps don't fall easily it's most likely too much product.
It might also be the saran wrap that's doing it for you also.

i doubt it's the plastic, i just starteddoin that. it never falls after a wrap. before i started usin the plastic my hair would be a lil dry.

I agree, maybe try to wrap without the saran wrap and see how it turns out. keep us updated

My wet wraps look so crappy and it takes too long to dry. I think I have to roller set and then wrap because my wet wraps alone look terrible.:nono:

mine sucks when i take it down too! some parts have these bends and such. i sleep bad so maybe i need to smooth it down extra and maybe get one of those durag cap things or cut a stockin?

Too much product maybe. My wraps start to look bad and won't fall or I can't even wrap it the more weeks I go without a relaxer. My naps just take over and u can't wrap naps.

I have fine/thin hair, and I cannot have hardly any product on my hair when I wrap. Literally sticking my finger into moisturizer and then wiping half off before applying to the hair. Also I'm finding lately that when I comb the hair into the wrap, I have to comb it into a funnel shape going up (does that make sense?) instead of just wrapping around the head [with a wide comb]. When I comb it down in the a.m. it's a lot less wonky.

Also after about 2-3 days of wrapping I stop and just bun, since by then I have more product and natural scalp oils all over the hair and it won't lay right anyway...lol.

i doubt it's the plastic, i just starteddoin that. it never falls after a wrap. before i started usin the plastic my hair would be a lil dry.

I think it's the oil. My hair falls while I"m removing the satin cap. I use leave in cream (oil-free) heat protectant to flat iron and oil-free gloss spray for sheen and .

Like Simplydara & MizzBrown said, it's probably the oil. Oil your hair after it is dry, if at all necessary.

Oh, and maybe the hair falls almost immediately b/c they have thicker hair?? Macherieamor and Ateya both have thick/coarse hair...I dunno...maybe that plus no product equals slippy wraps.

how many weeks post are you? i know i can't even attempt a wrap after about 5 weeks post... because i may never be able to uncomb it :lol:

how many weeks post are you? i know i can't even attempt a wrap after about 5 weeks post... because i may never be able to uncomb it :lol:

LOL thank you! And my hair is coarse 4/b. After a month or two you can forget wrapping it. It's pure hell.

LOL thank you! And my hair is coarse 4/b. After a month or two you can forget wrapping it. It's pure hell.

:yep: i've had wraps that have lasted me days... as in, my only option was to smoosh it up into sort of a bun, because combing was out of the question :lachen:

also, wet wraps? i wouldn't attempt unless you are relaxed BONE straight. else you might catch Poookie syndrome, and have to rock that wrap like u meant to have it stuck on your head :grin:

:yep: i've had wraps that have lasted me days... as in, my only option was to smoosh it up into sort of a bun, because combing was out of the question :lachen:

also, wet wraps? i wouldn't attempt unless you are relaxed BONE straight. else you might catch Poookie syndrome, and have to rock that wrap like u meant to have it stuck on your head :grin:

A wet wrap on non bone straight hair? Yeah you can forget it. Hair murder. Would be shocked if i had any more hair on my head if i attempted a wet wrap let alone a dry wrap.

Folks at work would ask me, "why won't you wear your hair down straight, you just got your hair done right?" Because I can't!

I haven't used my regular toothed comb in 2 months.

Back