Whats the shelf life on relaxer tubs?

Leslie_C

I was wondering if any of u ladies could tell me how long a tub of lye relaxer is still "good". Someone here has been so gracious as to offer me a tub of Affirm relaxer but we want to make sure its still ok to use. I thought I read somewhere they were good for well over a year but I want to make sure. dont want to be a baldie if I put it in and its too old, lol :) thanks in advance!

I've been wondering this too. One of the bss in my area has relaxers that are dusty and look like they have been sitting around forever. I went to another place because I didn't want to "be a baldie" either.

there was a thread posted about this before. I believe that the shelf life is four years. I've had the same tub of Affirm Fiberguard since August when I started self-relaxing and it should last me through May.

Chichi :bdance:

Chichi said:
there was a thread posted about this before. I believe that the shelf life is four years. I've had the same tub of Affirm Fiberguard since August when I started self-relaxing and it should last me through May.

Chichi :bdance:

Hey Chichi, thanks for that post, I found the post you were referring to:
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
Den1 said: i remember someone here wrote an email to Avlon, they said that it doesn't have an actual expiry date but it was best to use before 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Mocha1111 posted (she contacted Avlon), that there is no required expiration date for relaxers. However, to assure optimum performance, they recommend that the product is used within 3 yrs of production.

Hey Leslie_C, maybe this info is useful in your decision?!!!

Well, how do you determine the manufacture date? Ok, before ya'll think I'm totally ditzy, on the bottom of the tub (Avlon Affirm Creme Relaxer), it only says 3m162 (imprinted in purple ink). I purchased it March of last year, there are no other indications onthe tub whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas?

LaNecia said:
Well, how do you determine the manufacture date? Ok, before ya'll think I'm totally ditzy, on the bottom of the tub (Avlon Affirm Creme Relaxer), it only says 3m162 (imprinted in purple ink). I purchased it March of last year, there are no other indications onthe tub whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas?

I was wondering the same thing.

BTW, I have seen expiration dates on some relaxers, but, not many.

Back