What's the name of the place that diagnosis hair problems?

naturallygoldie

Hi Ladies,

What's the name of the place that microscopically looks at your hair and tells you what you need for it...or what issues you're having. I believe it's in NYC.

Ur help would be much appreciated. I tried searching :wallbash: but nada

In the U.S it usually a dermatologist, but in the UK I think they are called trichologists.

The reason I said that is there are really no trichology training programs in the U.S. I do not know where trichologists get their training in the U.S. If you know of certified trichologists that trained in the U.S please list them. Mostly dermatologists deal with hair loss in the U.S. I think Please let me know where Dr. Kingsley trained. Cosmetologists too me have limited training on diseases of hair/scalp and no medical training. Dermatologists have extensive training on skin, scalp, and hair diseases/conditions.

Last edited:
thank you ladies! good gosh..there was a specific place that some of the ladies mentioned on this board....i remember reading about it but someone asked me if i knew of a place and now i'm lost...any dermatologist would do?

Please decide what you think is best. I would recommend a dermatologist. But if someone on the board can recommend a reputable trichologist please feel free to see a trichologist. By the way what kind of problem are you having?

well..my homegirl is excessively shedding..it's been that way for awhile but she's not bald so i'm thinking it's not that bad - she also sweats a lot so i'm thinking that may have something to do with it

i hope somebody on here can recommend somebody good cause i'm at a lost with this one

Back