What's the easiest way...

Shalilac

to grow out a short hair cut and not look crazy? Any ladies out there have albums with them growing out their short hair cuts? Or just some advice? My mane concern is that the back where my hair is really short is gonna look insane while growing it out. Any help helps :)...

I gracefully grew out a very short (pixie) cut when my hair was relaxed. My favorite way to style it was to mold it down with a side part. I would accent the heavier side or both sides with flat barrettes or clips. I would sometimes leave it flat or brush it out and I had a sleek, swingy bob. When the nape area started to grow out, I would flip it out.

Another option is to make a little pompadour on top while keeping the sides and back sleek and close to your head.

well I am a natural, and about 1.5 yrs ago, I got a really short flippy cut, when the stylist did my hair. it was really cute while straight, but when I washed an wanted the napps back, my hair was a mess. I am in the process fo growing it out. I think being natural hides the layers for the most part, but it grows out in the exact orginal cut. I too wear barettes,clips, headbands during my grow out. For me,there was a 6 month akward stage that I just had to work through, but I made it. Good luck to you.

Oooh I've been there. I didn't know jack about hair when I wore my hair like the one in your profile. I wore braids until the back grew out long enough for me to flip.....

If you can just get through that awkward phase you'll be a-o-kay!

I haven't done this but I thought it looked cute when I saw a women in the store with it... braids in a bob style that laid over the TWA she had in the back. It was obvious that it had once been shaved and she was trying to grow it back. I only saw the TWA 'cause I was right behind her and her braids were a tad old.

If you are talking about short relaxed cuts, I grew mine out by keeping the back short while growing out the top and sides. As the top grew out, I would gradually trimmed less of the sides to keep up with the longer hair, then as the hair would grow out more, I would trim less of the back, working my way down growing out the tapered part as the rest of my hair got longer(if that makes sense). I used barrettes and clips and headbands to help style the hair when at "odd" lengths, it also allows you to "position" the hair in styles that you would have your hair cut in. Patience and creativity is the key when growing out cuts.

Thanks Ladies! Some good ideas here. Looks like I may have to go thru some sort of awkward stage regardless, but it doesn't have to b horrible. Thanks again! :)

Back