Whats The Difference Between Folding Tracks And Cutting Tracks

Folding the tracks reduces the amount of shedding and helps maintain the integrity of the wefts making it easier to reuse. The only con that the install maybe be a little bulky especially around the leave out. The amount of bulk is dependent on how thin the wefts are (single or double wefted) and the sewing technique.
As for cutting the wefts...this is beneficial if you want a super flat and versatile install. The cons are that the wefts will shed more and the weft pieces may not be reusable.

When I did get sew ins, I preferred a combination of both. Flip over method on the back and wefts cut closer to my leave out.

Folding the tracks reduces the amount of shedding and helps maintain the integrity of the wefts making it easier to reuse. The only con that the install maybe be a little bulky especially around the leave out. The amount of bulk is dependent on how thin the wefts are (single or double wefted) and the sewing technique.
As for cutting the wefts...this is beneficial if you want a super flat and versatile install. The cons are that the wefts will shed more and the weft pieces may not be reusable.

When I did get sew ins, I preferred a combination of both. Flip over method on the back and wefts cut closer to my leave out.

i chose the folding...method..
so i should be good if i go into the salon and ask to reuse the tracks?

Let the stylist know that you want the fold over method because you want to reuse the wefts again.

thank ya! i wonder why NONE of the stylist told me this..
they knew i was new to it..
but i would have been wasting money.though i like a fresh weave ..
it's always nice to KNOW you could SAVE if you needed to!

and it wasnt like i was buying the weave from their shop anyways.
i brought my own.

LASTLY if its virgin will it shed and also how long can you reuse until its time to let it go
I'm seeing a Year.
You can extend the life of your weave by sealing your wefts (a glue specially made to seal the wefts to further reduce shedding) If you wash and deep condition your weave plus reduce the amount of heat being used, your weave can last up to a yr or more. I have hair that I worn as a sew in then made into a wig that is worn on a consistent basis a yr and a half (the hair is 3 yrs old)

Last edited:
Back