whats the big deal

chebaby

about hot oil treatment?
lately i have been doing a lot of hot oil treatments. i do mine overnight istead of heating it up for several minutes, and when i wake up my hair is soooooo soft. i ended up doing it this weekend instead of a deep condition and im trying to figure out which one is more benificial. the HOT or the deep conditioner?
do you do HOT?
if so how has it been to your hair?
what oils do you use?

Haven't Been.:perplexed But Very Curious Che. What Oils are you Using?:look:

Based on the "Benefits" -- Hots may be Something I'll incorporate into my Hair Care Regimen this Winter.:yep:

I use olive oil, I saturate my hair and sit under the dryer for 5-10 minutes then rinse and wash. I also add it on top of my conditioner. It keeps the hair nice and moisturized and shiny.

I have to use hot oil treatments after henna and indigo to restore moisture, indigo drys my hair out and it takes me 2 days to get it back to normal, the oil helps a lot.

i have been using coconut oil, vatika frosting and lisa hair elixer.
i like the coconut oil the best becuase i love coconut oil anything. i slather my dry hair in the oil, put on a plastic cap and then my bonnett or scarf and go to sleep. in the morning i co wash it out.
my hair has been so soft so i will keep doing it. i just wanted to know how many other ladies do it.

Do you do HOT? Yes, I've always used hot oil treatments, even in my pre-LHCF days. I pour the warmed oil on my hair, make sure that all the strands are coated and put on a plastic cap. I do not use any heat and I leave it on for about 30 to 45 minutes.

If so how has it been to your hair? My hair responds well to HOTs. It feels healthier, looks heathier, and definitely moisturized.

What oils do you use? I use olive oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. My last one was with grapeseed oil and I liked that one as well. But I just read an article that said to use essential oils because some oils are too large to penetrate the hair shaft.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/113952/hot_oil_hair_treatment_how_it_works.html?cat=69

Last edited:
I oil my hair with coconut oil before I wash. I don't heat it though, I just put a cap on for a little bit.

What oils do you use? I've purchased the tubes of HOT such as Queen Helene, but not anymore. Now I use olive oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. My last one was with grapeseed oil and I liked that one as well. But I just read an article that said to use essential oils because some oils are too large to penetrate the hair shaft.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/113952/hot_oil_hair_treatment_how_it_works.html?cat=69

You wouldn't want to use essential oils by themselves, they're way too concentrated. Coconut, olive, and avocado oil do penetrate the strand, though coconut oil has the best penetration.

^^^^^yes, thats why i use coconut oil most of the time. because i know its penetraiting. i use the carols daughter one becuase it includes olive, pepperment, sage, rosemary and soybean oil. i think thats a great ingredient list. infact i used it today befor i co washed and my hair is just as soft and fluffy as it wants to be. infact i must not have gotten all the oil out because my scalp is VERY cool.

My hair does not like hot oil treatments. I have tried and tried but no. I do something like a conditioning treatment with coco nut oil and honey. I condition my hair with it. Sort of like a pre poo. I have to add the honey or it will not work.

Oooooo I love them so much.

I use whatever oil, I don't care. It relaxes me and my hair responds well to them. If my ends feel dry, I soak them in some warm oil and they are good to go!

I love hot oil treatments with olive oil. Seem like when I do them I don't shed but 2 hairs. I go under a heat cap for 10 min. sometimes I mix with conditioner

Back