What's the benefit's of a quality, standing dryer?

outspokenwallflower

I want one, but I'm trying to be wise with my college refund $ and I wonder...is it worth it to get one at all?

I have a hooded table top conair dryer...yes, the hair dries unevenly, but it get's all dry at some point right? Besides, I recently had my hair cut short, so my hair dries REALLY quickly anyway. It is annoying that there is no temp. control I guess, and it is probably just my technique, but my hair never feels too silky and soft as when I used to get roller sets at the salon...

I guess what it comes down to, is, besides temperature control, the fact that it has an adjustable stand and the flow is better for hair so that dries quicker and evenly, are there any other benefits? Does it make your hair feel more moisturized, or silky? (You know, the way rollersets feel in those dominican salons? Although, it probably feels that way due to technique...)

Please chime in ladies...I just wanna make a good investment, is all.:sad:

I had a conair table top dryer before my Pibbs & I'm soooo glad I made the switch.

*With the conair my hair would not dry evenly & my roots were still "poofy" afterward

When I was using the conair dryer I was convinced that my hair came out "poofy" because of my technique/products...

*With the Pibbs my sets come out very very close to results I use to get at the Dominican salon...silky hair & roots

Other benefits....timer, large hood

Last edited:
I dont have a quality standing dryer yet but imho

1 size of hood
2 hair drying time and evenly
3 ionic dryer will allow hair to dry with a smoother cuticle

I'm in college too. I have a Pibbs and it's worth every penny. Another benefit (that's not hair related) is that you can get some good studying done while under that dryer! lol I lay my books out on the table or at my desk, pull up the Pibbs and I'm able to get PLENTY done in that hour. The sound drowns out all of the other noise in the house. :)

All Around Even Heat Distribution. Hotter Wattage. Faster Drying Time. Overall, basically Salon Finish Results. :grin: Ionic & Tourmaline.

I love having a Standing Dryer & Steamer.:yep:

i have a hot tools 1059 dryer, and it was a very worthwhile investment (only cost me $120 including shipping from ebay). i bought it while i'm college last year, and it was worth every penny.

dries my sopping wet flexirod sets in 1 hour(i'm APL), and my magnetic roller sets in 45 minutes.

i've also used it in ways that don't involve hair...
1. a lotion warmer (during the winter months, i'd put my bottle of lotion under the dryer for 5 min. or so; nothing more depressing than putting on ice cold lotion)
2. nail polish dryer
3. pillow warmer

:lol: point is, a quality hooded dryer will be an excellent investment. it'll last you years, and if you decide you want to upgrade, you can always re-sell it on ebay or something. and even though the Pibbs is an EXCELLENT investment, there are cheaper alternatives, like the hot tools 1059 dryer i have.

Thanks for this thread, OP. It was right on time. I was actually looking at the Hot Tools 1059 and wasn't sure if I should spend the money on it. Thanks for your review, Poookie!

i have a hot tools 1059 dryer, and it was a very worthwhile investment (only cost me $120 including shipping from ebay). i bought it while i'm college last year, and it was worth every penny.

dries my sopping wet flexirod sets in 1 hour(i'm APL), and my magnetic roller sets in 45 minutes.

i've also used it in ways that don't involve hair...
1. a lotion warmer (during the winter months, i'd put my bottle of lotion under the dryer for 5 min. or so; nothing more depressing than putting on ice cold lotion)
2. nail polish dryer
3. pillow warmer

:lol: point is, a quality hooded dryer will be an excellent investment. it'll last you years, and if you decide you want to upgrade, you can always re-sell it on ebay or something. and even though the Pibbs is an EXCELLENT investment, there are cheaper alternatives, like the hot tools 1059 dryer i have.

I'm natural and have really thick, long hair. I love my standing hooded dryer! My roller sets now "fit" under the hood and I don't have any more neck cramps!! I purchased my standing dryer from salonsrus.com for about $130. I had a good experience and I'm contemplating purchasing the steamer.

HTH

Several:
-Faster Drying Time
-More Comfortable (due to height adjustment, can sit anywhere in the house rather than by a table)
-Gives you that "salon feeling"
-Easier storage (I just roll my Highland Dryer in to the closet)

I've got the moving portable one that was discontinued by Ion. For me, it's the temp control feature that I love. I always use it on low and my hair comes out soft and smooth. I also had a table top by gold-n-hot which was great but I gave it away coz I would get antsy.

I got the dryer today...it's BEAUTIFUL! I turned it on just for fun and seems to work great; I cant wait to get under it and really use it this weekend. =]

Back