What's my problem?? Cuz' i can't figure it out...

ttlayli

Why my hair isn't growing!!??? I mean, my hair always has a natural shine...it looks healthy. But for some reason I always have split ends. :perplexed And my hair has been at BSL for YEARRRRSSSSS. If I go to the salon to get my hair flat-ironed, my stylist makes a comment on how my hair is grown....but um, no it hasnt. When I complain, she shushes me and says that "I wish I had your hair, or your hair is a lot longer than other people", but I don't wanna hear that! lol...I hope you ladies can understand where I coming from....I just wanna get to that goal and I feel like I will NEVER get there...it sucks! :sad:

And just for the record I started taking PP Biotin and B-Complex almost 2 weeks ago...

Oh and to to add, my hair sheds like crazy!!! If Im in the shower, I can just tugg on my ends and STRANDS or CLUMPS of hair just glides out....

I feel you my hair is no where near as long as yours, but I get comments like that from my family all the time...They often comment "why are you on a hair site, you have a head full of hair"...I don't have any suggestions but I can offer words of encouragment..:yep:

I feel you my hair is no where near as long as yours, but I get comments like that from my family all the time...They often comment "why are you on a hair site, you have a head full of hair"...I don't have any suggestions but I can offer words of encouragment..:yep:

Awww! Thanks that was sweet! lol

well they say the growth cycle is from 2 to 6 years for ppl before they reach their terminal growth....but MSM is supposed to lengthen the growing cycle...so maybe give that a shot?

well they say the growth cycle is from 2 to 6 years for ppl before they reach their terminal growth....but MSM is supposed to lengthen the growing cycle...so maybe give that a shot?

I know I might have too...Im just scared because

1) Taste...ugh

2) Heard it helps people lose weight....I cannot AFFORD to lose ANY weight lol

3) Heard it causes Breakouts

Yeah I know I sound crazy :lachen:

A friend of mine once told me the same thing - that her hair had been brastrap for years and wouldn't get any longer until she changed how she took care of it. I think she used to blow dry and hotcurl it and then she started airdyring in a braid and it grew past her waist. SO you may want to examine your reggie to see if there's is anything in it that could be stunting your growth. HTH~

ETA: But your hair is VERY pretty already :love:

Last edited:
You can take MSM in capsule form. I've been taking for about 3 months now and I dont have any breakout issues. Only thing is, I dont know if its working yet. To anyone taking MSM in capsule form, when do you normally see change?

I know I might have too...Im just scared because

1) Taste...ugh

2) Heard it helps people lose weight....I cannot AFFORD to lose ANY weight lol

3) Heard it causes Breakouts

Yeah I know I sound crazy :lachen:

A friend of mine once told me the same thing - that her hair had been brastrap for years and wouldn't get any longer until she changed how she took care of it. I think she used to blow dry and hotcurl it and then she started airdyring in a braid and it grew past her waist. SO you may want to examine your reggie to see if there's is anything in it that could be stunting your growth. HTH~

ETA: But your hair is VERY pretty already :love:

See sometimes I get my hair blowdry and flatironed like every two weeks....maybe that's it??? But I did try the airdry, no heat, lo manu thing for the past two months and that didnt work for me...I wish It did, but I didnt. My hair was dreded in some parts, tangles, and worse of all I would lose a lot of hair/clumps while in the shower...so I broke down and got my hair flatironed yesterday.....we will see....:ohwell:

And thanks for the compliment!! But I must warn you, I'm a hair anorexic!!! I may as well have a fade like my SO! :lachen:

You can take MSM in capsule form. I've been taking for about 3 months now and I dont have any breakout issues. Only thing is, I dont know if its working yet. To anyone taking MSM in capsule form, when do you normally see change?

Oh, I never knew they had it in pill form.....I need to check it out thanks! :drunk:

And yes!!! Has anyone seen growth/bad reactions from pill form??

What's your regimen and how often do you wear your hair down? Do you put it up at night? Do you brush, comb, or fingercomb?

What's your regimen and how often do you wear your hair down? Do you put it up at night? Do you brush, comb, or fingercomb?

If I'm wearing my hair curly:

Wash once a week with baking soda
DC once a week with ORS Replenshing Pak
Cowash whenever Im going out (3-5x wk)
Moisturize and Seal with Coconut and Castor Oil
I Bun at night and wear satin bonnet

If I'm wearing my hair straight:
Go to the salon...get hair washed, condished, blowdried and flatironed (2x month)
Once home; I wrap everynight, using my fingers to wrap, instead of a comb or brush and cover with a satin bonnet
Moisturize a couple times per wk using Mango Butter, then a castor oil to seal (I wait after a wk of getting my hair done to add products, so that I can keep it "fresh" looking)

I usually wear my hair down, but whenever Im at home I ALWAYS keep my Satin Bonnet on....so that could be for the whole day, If I don't go anywhere.

I started taking PP Biotin and B-Complez almost 2wks ago...also take mutivit once a day.

Am I doing something wrong???

BTW Star... IM IN LOVE WITH UR HAIR!!! :grin:

Could u try air drying instead of blow drying and then flat ironing it? My friend is natural and she washes and air dries her own hair and goes to the salon for a press only. Are u natural or am I mixing u up with someone else? Maybe cutting out the blow dryer would help? And how about wearing it at least clipped up off your clothes most of the time?

MSM is absobed better in the powder form, but the pill would be ok if u cant tolerate the taste. If this is ur first time taking the biotin and b complex Ill bet it will help with ur growth.

Could u try air drying instead of blow drying and then flat ironing it? My friend is natural and she washes and air dries her own hair and goes to the salon for a press only. Are u natural or am I mixing u up with someone else? Maybe cutting out the blow dryer would help? And how about wearing it at least clipped up off your clothes most of the time?

MSM is absobed better in the powder form, but the pill would be ok if u cant tolerate the taste. If this is ur first time taking the biotin and b complex Ill bet it will help with ur growth.

I could try the airdry...but my curls are tight and thick...so I have a feeling that if I attempt to go to salon like that, my stylist is still going to whipp out her flatiron! :rolleyes: I'm texlaxed...but I'm pretty much natural, I havent had one since June of 2006. Yeah, and I guess I will try to keep my hair clipped up instead of just wearing it down all the time....this is my first time taking the vits....so hopefully I will see some changes in length! :spinning:

I could try the airdry...but my curls are tight and thick...so I have a feeling that if I attempt to go to salon like that, my stylist is still going to whipp out her flatiron! :rolleyes: I'm texlaxed...but I'm pretty much natural, I havent had one since June of 2006. Yeah, and I guess I will try to keep my hair clipped up instead of just wearing it down all the time....this is my first time taking the vits....so hopefully I will see some changes in length! :spinning:

Keep us posted! I love your hair and I hope mine gets to be there one day! ps I think flat ironing air dried hair is better than blow drying and flat ironing...really cuts down on the direct heat. Or maybe u can have her rollerset it then flat iron?

Keep us posted! I love your hair and I hope mine gets to be there one day! ps I think flat ironing air dried hair is better than blow drying and flat ironing...really cuts down on the direct heat. Or maybe u can have her rollerset it then flat iron?

You know what?? I'm gonna try this...I don't see why she couldnt just rollerset it first then flat-iron. Maybe this is why my hair is just stuck??? I guess I will find out! :grin: And thanks for the compliment! :drunk: Your hair is soooo pretty and thick! I like the color! :yep:

:lachen::lachen:....actually YOU got long hair so YOU should be giving US tips!!!:yep::lachen:

LOL...Why did my mom just say "Of course they're not responding!!! They think your a fool for even posing that question!!!" :lachen:

I can't help it though...after you see women with your Hair Type who are able to grow long, thick hair....to like their waist...it just makes your hair shorter lol, or at least to me...I have hair anorexia!!! :rolleyes:

What are using to moisturize?Are you combing after your co-wash or during?What type of ponytail holders are you using?Are you using protective styles?

Is rollersetting an option?Maybe you could skip the blowdryer,rollerset,and then lightly press.

I can't believe you're asking for advice your hair is gorgeous:lachen:

Why my hair isn't growing!!??? I mean, my hair always has a natural shine...it looks healthy. But for some reason I always have split ends. :perplexed And my hair has been at BSL for YEARRRRSSSSS. If I go to the salon to get my hair flat-ironed, my stylist makes a comment on how my hair is grown....but um, no it hasnt. When I complain, she shushes me and says that "I wish I had your hair, or your hair is a lot longer than other people", but I don't wanna hear that! lol...I hope you ladies can understand where I coming from....I just wanna get to that goal and I feel like I will NEVER get there...it sucks! :sad:

And just for the record I started taking PP Biotin and B-Complex almost 2 weeks ago...

Oh and to to add, my hair sheds like crazy!!! If Im in the shower, I can just tugg on my ends and STRANDS or CLUMPS of hair just glides out....

Ttlayli, have you had your thyroid function checked?

What are using to moisturize?Are you combing after your co-wash or during?What type of ponytail holders are you using?Are you using protective styles?

Is rollersetting an option?Maybe you could skip the blowdryer,rollerset,and then lightly press.

I can't believe you're asking for advice your hair is gorgeous:lachen:

Hey Doll! :grin: LOL...When I get my hair done again, I'm gonna def, ask my stylist if she could do this instead of flat-ironing....it shouldnt be a prob at all...I don't know why I never thought to ask her! Silly Me! :rolleyes:

When I wear my hair curly I use Elasta QP instense, Coconut oil, and Castor Oil to moisturize and seal. When my hair is straight, I use Mango Butter and Castor oil. I use the reg. fabric pony tail holders...then ones without that silver clasp. When I'm out I don't use protective styles, cuz I have a big head lol....so I wear my hair down...but as soon as I get home, I put my hair in a bun and put a satin bonnet on.

And thanks for the compliment, but man!! Once your hair is just sitting there, not growing at all...you get bored with it! :rolleyes:

Low iron (Anemia) will also cause your hair to shed. But I think if you wear your hair up more often, protecting those ends, you should see results.

Hey Doll! :grin: LOL...When I get my hair done again, I'm gonna def, ask my stylist if she could do this instead of flat-ironing....it shouldnt be a prob at all...I don't know why I never thought to ask her! Silly Me! :rolleyes:

When I wear my hair curly I use Elasta QP instense, Coconut oil, and Castor Oil to moisturize and seal. When my hair is straight, I use Mango Butter and Castor oil. I use the reg. fabric pony tail holders...then ones without that silver clasp. When I'm out I don't use protective styles, cuz I have a big head lol....so I wear my hair down...but as soon as I get home, I put my hair in a bun and put a satin bonnet on.

And thanks for the compliment, but man!! Once your hair is just sitting there, not growing at all...you get bored with it! :rolleyes:

:wave:hey
I think the rollerseting option will be great for you to cut down on heat.lol @ the big head comment.Have you tried leaving a few strands out in the front and then putting the rest up?

you may want to check out what moroni was saying about the shedding though.I know when I shed,its because I need to get my protein/moisture balance in check.It's better to know though just so you can eliminate other possibilites and start growing:yep:

I'm looking forward to your progress updates!

Back