What's in store for your hair for the Fall? New regimens? Products? Share!

I just plan on finding another shampoo, might hit that Keracare Detangling or Quantam or SE Luxury Moisturizing or breakthru…

Another Silk Scarf

macherieamour said:
The only thing I might change is adding NTM as my alternate line. I tried the Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner and was pleasantly surprised. I wanna try the regular products too:)

How in da higgity heck did I miss this lil announcement?!!;)

*Tosses up an NTM gang sign to Macherie and exits thread*

I plan on getting some high lights this fall and trying my first rollerset on my natural hair. My style options this fall will be my rollerset, braids, and flat ironing.

MonaLisa said:
How in da higgity heck did I miss this lil announcement?!!;)

*Tosses up an NTM gang sign to Macherie and exits thread*
\

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!! I just sit out my juice. Yeah, the shampoo kinda made my hair tangly but then I just use KC hydrating and its all good. I might try the others after I use up whats under the sink. Im a cheap bastard:look:

I'll be doing my co-washes at night before bed instead of in the morning....everything else about my routine/regimen will stay the same :yep:

This fall my regimen is going to consist of weekly stlyes that are incorporated into my routine. One week rollerset w/roots flatironed,braidouts the next,regular flatiron the next week,bun, bantu knots, or braidout the last week. I want to enjoy the progress whatever it may be and wear my hair out more often.

macherieamour said:
\

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!! I just sit out my juice. Yeah, the shampoo kinda made my hair tangly but then I just use KC hydrating and its all good. I might try the others after I use up whats under the sink. Im a cheap bastard:look:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me contribute since I'm back in here laughing at Macherie....

For the Fall....I know I've cut down considerably on my frequency of shampooing...and it has benefitted me greatly...I will keep it minimal until it is warm again.

Will start implementing heat with the deep conditioning, I've slipped greatly on that.

Would like to find a shampoo. I've been having a devil of a time deciding on something. I'm nearing the end of my CON/Keracare diluted mix...
been pondering Breakthru (which I keep reading on here is like CON without the sulfates) or going back for another bottle of Keracare Hydrating Poo.

I am feeling the Phytospecific Intense Nutrition, but deterred by one ingredient...but my hair seems to agree with it.

I love the Silk Elements moisturizing lotion on my ends...that will be done all fall/winter.

Do more hot oil treatments.

That's about it.:)

I'll be sticking to my current routine for the most part: misting and aplying oil to my ends every morning and every other night, washing once a week; and wearing low manipulation styles.

My big plans for the fall/winter is flat ironing my hair towards the end of December. Seeing my progress from May (the last time it was straight) to Dec. will be my gift to myself ;)

Not much is gonna change for me...I'm looking at the MN bandwagon deciding whether I want to take the leap or not because I'll be working in a small office and I don't want to stink up the place with MTG.

I'll wash 1-2x a week at night and air dry while I sleep. Keeping the bun or another updo going. No dry combing. ACV rinses. No heat. Moisturize daily. Vitamins daily. No new products...unless it's to replace a staple.

I plan to come to some kind of decision about whether I want to continue transitioning or just relax once or twice a year.

Regardless of what I decide, I plan to keep up with poo/Dcing once a week and spritzing my moisture mix when I feel the need.

I'll also continue using as many natural/paraben free products as possible since my hair likes them.

I may cut layers in my hair and cut it back up to BSL...but that's solely contingent on me finding a stylist I trust which is looking bleak these days. We'll see.

I'm gonna experiment with different products. Mainly conditioners for doing cw's. I also plan to leave braids alone for a while too. I don't plan on getting my hair rebraided before the end of the year.

Nothing new here.

Except I will wash/cowash (twice a week) earlier in the day so I can have more airdrying time.

Acv Rinses after every wash/cowash.

Baggying everyday except wash day.-staple for me

Finding new clips and hair toys.

Going more heavy on the moisturizers and oils.

I am gonna try to do no heat (with the exception of 2 times) this winter.

Adding oils/evoo to my deep conditioners.

Going back to strictly rollersetting
Keracare Humecto as my main Moisturizing Conditioner---If my 5lb tub ever arrives at my doorstep
Pantene Clarifying Shampoo until January --- After January going back to my RUSK Clarify Shampoo
Still on the hunt for a good moisturizing shampoo ---
Biolage Fortifying Leave-in Treatment --- Leave in for strength
RUSK SMOOTHER Leave-in --- Leave in for moisture
Keraphix and Emergencee as proteins
Co-wash once or twice a week
Rollersets and buns will be the only hair style for me until after January
The end of January I will re-evaluate regimen maybe make some changes---I have never been able to stick with a regimen for long :ohwell:

Once a week pre-poo, shampoo and condition, leave hair in bun.

Here is my final revised product list for fall

Creme of nature shampoo
Pantene clarifying poo
Ors hair mayonnaise
motions silk protein
Paul Mitchell the detangler
Coconut oil
Dabur amla oil
Sulfur oil mix
Keracare essential oils for the hair
Keracare oil moisturiser with jojoba oil
Keracare Silken seal
Aphogee two minute reconstructor
aphogee treatment for damaged hair
Profectiv roothealth

I want to stock-up on Oyin products, Carol's daughter (only 4 or so products- i'm not much of fan but tried the Tui Hair Oil and I think i'm obsessed) and Khemet hair products! So far as protection and styling, I want to wear my hair back about 95% of the time, wrap more, and focus on using oils and puddings constantly...

I'll also be washing in the evening most of the week, wear more scarves, do baggies, and also switch if up with more protective styles that way I don't damage my hair line by putting it back.. I'll also be dusting a bit more than I have ever before in my life just to rid my hair of any excess relaxed ends....

This is my first summer as a natural so this should be interesting...

I don't have a set-in-stone regimine, however, for fall/winter I will be incorporating more moisture as it can get pretty cold in Ohio and I like the heat to be on full blast. Sooo, I will wash and deep condition twice per week instead of once, use leave-ins and oils to seal after wash/dc, and baggie my buns on a daily basis.

MizaniMami said:
Nothing new here.

Except I will wash/cowash (twice a week) earlier in the day so I can have more airdrying time.

Acv Rinses after every wash/cowash.

Baggying everyday except wash day.-staple for me

Finding new clips and hair toys.

Going more heavy on the moisturizers and oils.

I am gonna try to do no heat (with the exception of 2 times) this winter.

Adding oils/evoo to my deep conditioners.

Same for me. I am sticking with what I am doing now but I will wash earlier to let the hair dry more before I step out in the cool/cold weather.

Well, my next relaxer won't be until Nov. 17ish. I will wear a rollerset for about 2 weeks (THANKS, BALISI!!!). I want to rock something CYUTE for my birthday. After that, I'll corn row the front as not to mess with my edges too badly, and the rest of it will be braided with pony and loose on the ends. I will co-wash every 2-3 days and spritz w/moisturizing leave-ins. Knowing me, I'll keep that up for about 10-12 weeks. By then, I'll have a better idea of what to do March-April.

Back