*WHAT'S GOING ON*?

CheerHHS

*WHAT\'S GOING ON*?

Okay I'm slightly worried. My hair is pretty thick but as of right now im about 5 weeks post relaxer. Im not having extreme shedding or breakage. I don't even lose hair doing the course of the week only an average to minimal amount on wash days. When I put my hair in a ponytail its DRASTICALLY thinner. I haven't used any heat, I air dry, wear protective styles, wash weekly deep condition, clarify & do light protein treatments. I also do a conditioner wash once a week depending on its moisture level, and I moisturize daily with KeraCare Essential Oils. IS THIS NORMAL? CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY THIS IS HAPPENING AND IF MY HAIR MAY RETURN TO NORMAL ON MY NEXT RELAXER? please tell me its *hiding*!
thanks

Re: *WHAT\'S GOING ON*?

Are you saying that it looks thin in the ponytail, and it looks fine when it's not in a ponytail?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean when you say it becomes thinner
confused.gif

I recall reading in a recent post that as more new growth comes in, the ends began to appear thinner, but havent necessarily thinned out

That's true. I have about 3 inches of new growth now, but the relaxed ends are very thin compared to the new growth. Ponytails and especially braids don't look the same anymore. The top part is thick until it gets to the relaxed ends.
ohwell.gif

Thanks thats ver reassuring! Oh & to Potess- I gauge my hairs thickness based on how it looks in a ponytail. When I put it in a ponytail right after my relaxer it was really thick, but recently when i put it up in a ponytail to do my bun I noticed that it was WAY thinner than I previously recalled it being.

Back