What's a Way To Get BIG Barrel Curls...

gabulldawg

... Without the heat?? I'm currently at APL and would LOVE to have some nice, big, springy curls in my hair without having to use a curling iron. I'm finding that my hair no longer really holds curling iron curls much anymore anyway. :ohwell: I'm thinking something like the pics that are attached.

Any suggestions are welcomed. TIA!

ETA: Uploaded pics so hopefully everyone can see them.

Attachments

• bey.JPG
    bey.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
i can't see the pics, but what i recommend is a rollerset with 2 inch rollers. i'm no where near apl, heck even shoulder length, but i love the way my hair is right after a rollerset.

i can't see the pics, but what i recommend is a rollerset with 2 inch rollers. i'm no where near apl, heck even shoulder length, but i love the way my hair is right after a rollerset.

Thanks for the tip! Do you know what color rollers those are? Are they the gray ones or purple ones?

Have you tried pin curls, really small ones done like a rollerset? Also, the purple rollers would give that effect. I just don't know what you would use to get it to stay curly.

Not too long ago I started a thread on how to get the look of the Aveda dry remedy model wish is a looser curl pattern too. A lot of ladies suggested curlformers, since you hair dries in spirals and there is no need for heat ‘cause you can dry overnight. So, you could probably comb out the curls with a wide-tooth comb and get a pretty close look.

HTH

Have you tried pin curls, really small ones done like a rollerset? Also, the purple rollers would give that effect. I just don't know what you would use to get it to stay curly.

Are you talking about the flat pincurls or the ones that look like you rolled them with a roller? Any recommendations for what products to use on my hair to keep the pin curls?

The ones that look like a roller. Thats the only one I know how to do. Do them small like a rollerset. I really don't know what will hold them though. Mine always just get looser throughout the night. Its fine though because it still has body and wave.

Curlformers the wide ones and airdrying, perhaps?

Check out queen_t's Curlformers album. ;)

Back