Whats a good product for making waves?

mrslee

Love yourself first!
My son just cut his afro off and now wants to add something to his hair to create waves. He tryin' to be cute!
I told him to use some grease for now but what is really best for this?

Thanks in advance! :)

maybe some type of curl activator like S-Curl, World of Curls, or Long Aid gel

Last edited:
Poohbear said:
maybe some type of curl acticator like S-Curl, World of Curls, or Long Aid gel
Ummm... I actually have both of these products! I will give it a try. Thanks

My son's barber told him to use light oil and to brush it. Right now I let him use my WGO. He also has been using the NTM shampoo and conditioner on his hair. He has some waves in his hair. HTH.

I've seen men make waves with pomade. They actually have a 'Making Waves' pomade. Or Dax pomade. I've seen them put it on their hair, brush their hair a lot, then tie it down. That's what the guys at my school used to do. :)

TigerLily said:
I've seen men make waves with pomade. They actually have a 'Making Waves' pomade. Or Dax pomade. I've seen them put it on their hair, brush their hair a lot, then tie it down. That's what the guys at my school used to do. :)

TigerLily is right. My son is 11 and he has waves. He uses a promade that my sister made for him or he uses 360 degrees promades. He has to wear a doorag or a wave cap everynight just like how we wear a silk or stain scarf to bed. He has to be consistent with his brushing (at least 2 times per day) or else the waves won't form. It's a lot of work.

Therre is a pomade in a black round container called Sporting Waves, also there's always' Murray's pomade.

Water, grease, and a du rag. My little brother lives by this. If he doesn't have any old skool grease, he uses vaseline, but he always starts with wet hair. His waves will make you sea sick. I would type his hair to be 3a, he takes after our mom. My hair is more like my daddy's hair. :)

Back