What's a good detangling-leave in?

CarLiTa

For some reason, i think most of my hair problems would end if i had a good DETANGLING leave-in... i really think it's one of the most important parts of the regimen, besides conditioners and moisturizers... if that detangling effect isn't there, then it's not working.

Do you know any good detangling leave-ins? What has been your experience with the one you use?

Deep Brilliance Manage
Elasta H-Two/Kenra Daily Provision
Motions Nourish
Pantene Wrap/Set Lotion

thanx Supergirl... i love your hair! my ultimate goal *sigh*

I see so many good reviews about the Kenra products... i checked metrobeauty.com and dont see them on there. HOw are the prices??? i should go to some other professional salons and check them out.

CarLiTa said:
For some reason, i think most of my hair problems would end if i had a good DETANGLING leave-in... i really think it's one of the most important parts of the regimen, besides conditioners and moisturizers... if that detangling effect isn't there, then it's not working.

Do you know any good detangling leave-ins? What has been your experience with the one you use?

HEEEEEEEEEY Carlita!!!! :D
Elasta QP H-Two is a great detangling leave-in! I really like this leave-in. It does a decent job of detangling and it smells nice too. :look:

I've also tried the Motions detangling leave-in, and I hated it. It comes in a yellow spray bottle. It didn't do the detangling job and it made my hair brittle sometimes.

Some ladies use Giovanni as a detangling leave-in. I prefer to use it as a nousrishing leave-in, but it works well none the less.

Rusk does a pretty good job at detangling too.

Salerm is a good detangler.... BUT MY UTIMATE FAV IS KUZ, revitalizing wax, which is a product they sell her in NY, which is avail in a store called Duane reade... it detangles like no ones business... I guarantee it can detangle anyones hair, AND I will give money back if it doesnt, so u can just send it to me... ;), :D LMAO

thanx for the replies!!!

I have the Rusk Smoother... for a while i wasn't impressed but that's the one leave-in i've been using lately. It's pretty good. Might keep it.

So far, most popular ones I've seen are the EQP Htwo and the Giovanni... EQP products are so hard to find down here... it took me forever to find the mango butter. If I find it i will get it.
Where can I find the Giovanni?
I might Paul Mitchell The Detangler.
I need to go to my usual salon. They use professional products and sell them too, with discounts. But I won't have time for another two weeks :(

CarLiTa said:
thanx for the replies!!!

I have the Rusk Smoother... for a while i wasn't impressed but that's the one leave-in i've been using lately. It's pretty good. Might keep it.

So far, most popular ones I've seen are the EQP Htwo and the Giovanni... EQP products are so hard to find down here... it took me forever to find the mango butter. If I find it i will get it.
Where can I find the Giovanni?
I might Paul Mitchell The Detangler.
I need to go to my usual salon. They use professional products and sell them too, with discounts. But I won't have time for another two weeks :(

Giovanni Direct can be found at Whole Foods Market. Vitamin Shoppe carries it too (it's less expensive there). I've also seen it in health food stores.

Girl you already know how I feel about Paul Mitchell's The Detangler. It's not a leave-in, but it will definitely make detangling easier.

Pantene Pro-V - Detangle Light Spray Conditioner.

This product instantly detangles your hair...I love it!

2049212.jpg

Ronda123 said:
Pantene Pro-V - Detangle Light Spray Conditioner.

This product instantly detangles your hair...I love it!

2049212.jpg

This is a good one. In fact it's the same as the Pantene R & N wrap/set lotion. Only the wrap set lotion has jojoba and coconut oils added.

Johnsons and Johnsons no more tears detangling spray. It's not a leave-in, but I used it for years detangling my daughters very thick natural hair. It's the only one that worked and it left her hair so soft. I tried many, Johnsons worked the best for me.

I went to the bss yesterday and purchased some Rusk Sensories leave-in conditioner/hair smoother (it was in a clear bottle and the conditioner was a peach color). I can't quite remember the name, but when I get home I'll edit this post with it. Anyways, I used it right after I condition washed my hair so that I could strawset it again. I parted about 6 sections and applied this leave-in conditioner. It detangled easily and not only did it make the coils from my new growth pop, but it actually dried fairly quickly, and left my relaxed ends feeling smooth as well. I was going to post a rave about it but I don't get too much response so I keep certain products to myself.

Anyways, when I took my straws down this morning I started to get upset because I thought my hair didn't dry, but come to find out, that feeling was silkiness, and it could only be due to the Rusk Sensories leave-in conditioner. Not only was I able to run my fingers through the straw curls and separate them without getting any tangles at my ends, but I also placed gel over the curls in the front and my hair didn't dry hard at all, but still had a nice hold to it. I give this product 2 thumbs up.

Also, I've tried an Aphogee product that I use as a leave-in. Again, once I get home, I'll edit this post to give you the name of that product as well. I used this product on my first braidout and it left my hair soft and detangled like a dream.

HTH.

I have always wanted to try the Giovanni Direct or the rusk sensories smoother.I think Rusk as a line is overall pretty good from what I have tried of theirs so far.

Back