What's a good brand of hair color for natural hair?

lovinglength

I have never colored my hair and have been contemplating it for a long time, but I dont know anything about color. What are some your recommendations / experiences for hair coloring? Help a sista decide :spinning:

I like bigen. It's a natural hair color line (no chemicals just add water). I would try a good rinse first before you commit to a permanent. Rinses I love: Jazzy and Colorshowers

Clariol Textures and Tones

What color are you trying to go? You might be able to just stick with semi-perm rinses instead.

I like bigen. It's a natural hair color line (no chemicals just add water). I would try a good rinse first before you commit to a permanent. Rinses I love: Jazzy and Colorshowers

Bigen isn't exactly natural. :hide: It doesn't require you to add developer but it is already in there. The water activates it.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:no need to hide. Thanks for the info. I could relax and then use this so I thought it was natural, because my hair is still here. Now I'm transitioning so I stay away from color and relaxers.

Last edited:
Hummm, I will look into those brands. I think a rinse would be good first. I was thinking either auburn or brown. I'm scard of damage tho.

If you are scared of damage, I definitely would go with a rinse. Plus if you don't like it, it will eventually fade. My rinses only last about 3 weeks but I cowash every 3 days.

so lemme get this straight, rinses wont damage ur hair bcos they are temporary? how good will it take on natural 4b hair?

Honestly, I was always told no matter what kind of color you use Temp or perm, make sure your hair is in a healthy state. My hair is very resistant 4Z :lachen::lachen:. So The color won't look as vibrant as it does on the box plus it depends on your natural hair color i'm natural jet black. I heard alot of natural raving about the Colorshowers :lick:. So I tried it loved it and the color shows and is even better in the sun.

If your hair is dark and you are trying to go lighter, you can't use a rinse. You'll have to use something to lift. Clairol texture and tones is great.

Back