What's a good at home rinse?

longhairluva

I want to color my hair dark brown or black. I'm getting it done professionally Saturday but I want to try to maintain the color myself. What are some suggestions on keeping the hair healthy with the rinse and what's a good brand I can buy out the store to do another rinse at a later date?

TIA

Sebastians Colourshines is very good. Not sure if you can find this at a store though. You may have to buy it online( easy product to find online, last time I looked). I don't like Jazzing, that stuff is awful. I don't know of any other store bought brand that compares to Sebastians.

My stylist uses Matrix Prisms Rinse. This stuff is awesome! even better than Colourshines. I have never seen this stuff in a salon for sale it a professional only product. I did see it one time on Ebay, but I waited to late to bid.

HTH

I have never tried it, but like nikki1971 said, I HEAR Sebastians is really good. I haven't tried any expensive ones yet (I will in the future), but good cheap ones are "Clairol Beautiful Collection" and "Adore". I have used both numerous times with great results to take my hair dark. I like chocolate brown and/or black hair too ;)

I like Clairol Beautiful Collections, and I also use the John Frieda at home color glazes.

I like adore color rinses. They have alot of brownshades and I have even used one after my relaxer without any problems.

On the advice of several women on the board, I just used Wella Color Charms demipermanent in black with great results. I did it right after my relaxer, it was very easy, my hair felt good afterwards ad I didn't get that "too black/charcoal" look that some darker hair colors give.

I have tried Sebastians before with nice results, but i hate that it runs when you wash your hair. The Wella doesn't seem like it's going anywhere--my hair is going to stay black!

Back