What's a "Dry" Rollerset??

MsOmri

Hi ladies,
I've seen people mention a dry rollerset but I don't know exactly what this is. :nono:
Some have said they do it at night. Do what exactly? Do you roll hair with magnetic rollers? Do you sleep with them in? How, I'd think it would hurt? What products do you put on hair?

Wrapping isn't working for me, so I'm looking for other options.

I'd appreciate some insight!!!:grin:

It's a rollerset done on dry hair. I've done it once with purple flexirods. I didvided the hair in 6 sections, moisturized each section and added the flexirods. i did sleep with them overnight and took them out in morning. You have to be very carefully with the amount of moisturizer you use because if you use too much you curls won't hold in the morning. Or you could also use oil sheen or just an oil.

It's a rollerset done on dry hair. I've done it once with purple flexirods. I didvided the hair in 6 sections, moisturized each section and added the flexirods. i did sleep with them overnight and took them out in morning. You have to be very carefully with the amount of moisturizer you use because if you use too much you curls won't hold in the morning. Or you could also use oil sheen or just an oil.

Does your hair have to be straightened (pressed, blown out, etc,) in some other way before you do this, or would it look okay if you combed out air-dried hair and did a dry rollerset?

Does your hair have to be straightened (pressed, blown out, etc,) in some other way before you do this, or would it look okay if you combed out air-dried hair and did a dry rollerset?
My hair has always been straight but maybe combed out air dries hair could work too?

I wash my hair 3x's a week and rollerset on magnetic snap-on rollers. The four days a week I don't wash my hair, I rollerset my dry hair on magnetic snap-on rollers.

I never go to bed without rollersetting my hair first. I think this minimizes breakage (I am a wild sleeper) and it also protects my ends.

Actually I rollerset my hair while it's dry (less damage from manipulating wet hair) on magnetic rollers BEFORE completely soaking my head in water. It's quicker (instead of having to re-spray or re-wet areas that get dry in the process) and looks just as good when it dries. :yep:

Actually I rollerset my hair while it's dry (less damage from manipulating wet hair) on magnetic rollers BEFORE completely soaking my head in water. It's quicker (instead of having to re-spray or re-wet areas that get dry in the process) and looks just as good when it dries. :yep:

I've never heard of this! How do you add your leave-ins? Do you wet your hair under the shower? What about shampooing, conditioning, etc? I'm really curious!

Originally Posted by Everything Zen

I've never heard of this! How do you add your leave-ins? Do you wet your hair under the shower? What about shampooing, conditioning, etc? I'm really curious!
Me too!! This might be a lifesaver!

Ok.. so is the "dry" rollerset another way to rollerset after a wash. Or can it be a nightly rollerset to preserve your curls without heat. I hate wrapping, b/c all my curls & body fall and sometimes it looks dry.

Can i roll & sleep on the large flexirods?

Hmm - I would love to know more about this!

Ok.. so is the "dry" rollerset another way to rollerset after a wash. Or can it be a nightly rollerset to preserve your curls without heat. I hate wrapping, b/c all my curls & body fall and sometimes it looks dry.

This is what I do--the nightly rollerset. I sleep on the hard snap-on magnetic rollers. I don't use flexirods so I can't tell you what it feels like to sleep on those.

Hmmmmm....that seems interesting. I might have to try that!

I blowdry on cool, then rollerset on flexi rods. They are extremely easy to sleep on and my hair is nice and bouncy when I take them out. On non-wash days, I re-roll on the flexirods to keep my curls fresh.

I blowdry on cool, then rollerset on flexi rods. They are extremely easy to sleep on and my hair is nice and bouncy when I take them out. On non-wash days, I re-roll on the flexirods to keep my curls fresh.

Perfect...I'm going to give this a try.

The point of this is to put less tension on your hair. Therefore it doesn't matter what you've done to your hair prior as long as it's dry when you start.

The point of this is to put less tension on your hair. Therefore it doesn't matter what you've done to your hair prior as long as it's dry when you start.

How do you wrap the dry ends around the roller? Are they pre-moistened, I may try this.

That's the only way I can get my ends to smooth around the roller if it's wet.

I can't wrap to save my life and my pin curls never come out right so I dry roll at night. I just put a little oil in my hair and put maybe 10-12 magnetic rollers ( I use the ones with the snap) in my hair and go to bed. They don't bother me at all and in the morning I have a nice soft set that looks like a wrap with a lot of boy. It take me about 5 minutes at night.

Now on wash dry I do a tradional set and flat iron afterward. After flat ironing I do my dry set.

I used to run a curling or flat iron over each section of hair before I rolled it up with a plastic curler. I used to do that when I was in a hurry and wanted curly hair. I would only have to leave the curlers in for about 30 minutes and I had cute long lasting curls for the day. I guess that qualifies as a 'dry rollerset'. I haven't done it in months though because I am trying to avoid heat.

This is interesting. I might have to try this. :yep:

When I wash I do a wetset but in between washes I just use 10 or so large satin rollers at night to preserve my curls.

I have satin covered rollers. Love them! :yep: I roll my pressed hair at night and cover with a silk scarf. I get frequent compliments on the resulting style. I like rollersetting because it cuts down on heat usage. :yep:

Back