What would you treat yourself to?

achangedlife

I've been good since my husband and I started our budget in January. I haven't spent as much as I usually do on haircare products and I've actually been blessed to finally find my staples. Now I would like to reward myself but I'm not sure what I want. I'm leaning towards something on the high end side like kerastase, Rene Furterer or something along those lines. What would you get?

I've heard nothing but good things about Keratese. That mess is just too expensive NOT to be good! :lol: Use some, so we can all dream and live through you! :lachen:

I've never heard of anita grant but I checked out the website and that whipped butter looks good. I would love to try a pibb but that's more than I'm willing to spend right now. I've used kerastase before, it's been a long time and I'm starting to crave some. I didn't like everything in their line but I liked a lot of it. I see that they have a new leave in conditioner also. Soooo tempting.

If I had it, I'd get something from Anita Grant.

I've never heard of anita grant but I checked out the website and that whipped butter looks good. I would love to try a pibb but that's more than I'm willing to spend right now. I've used kerastase before, it's been a long time and I'm starting to crave some. I didn't like everything in their line but I liked a lot of it. I see that they have a new leave in conditioner also. Soooo tempting.

Anita Grant products are beautiful, but much more catered to natural hair - which is fine, I just used the whipped butters I bought in my children's hair.

I've heard nothing but good things about Keratese. That mess is just too expensive NOT to be good! :lol: Use some, so we can all dream and live through you! :lachen:

When I first came to the boards Kerastase was the first thing I bought. I got all excited about the Masquintense - but then I tried some REAL conditioners! :lachen::lachen: It's okay but no way does it justify the cost; I've still got the conditioner, Satin Bain AND some serum to use up, but the way it's going it'll be sitting there for a while yet!

When I feel like splurging I'm going to buy this:
http://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/hair/hairtreat/reawakening-mer-rouge-hair-hydramasque.html *sigh*

Before I could answer that, for me it would depend on my spending limit. I always like to get the most out of my money even when splurging.

I don't intend on spending more than $100, but hopefully I'll only spend about $60. I've been considering the Morrocan Oil, also J.F. Lazartigue, and Barex

I don't intend on spending more than $100, but hopefully I'll only spend about $60. I've been considering the Morrocan Oil, also J.F. Lazartigue, and Barex

That's what I'm saying...I needed to know how much you were trying to spend before I could answer.

If I was shooting to spend less than $100 on hair or about $60... I would get another flat iron. For $60 I could get a decent one. Or I would try some of the things that you mentioned above...Nothing wrong with that.:yep:

I think I'd try that Morrocan Oil stuff.

Don't waste your money, It's ok, but not worth the price......my stylist doesn't even sell it in her salon anymore......

I would buy a hooded blowdry(the one that stands on the pole), and I would stack up on Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, Patene Pro-v Detangler, lots of deep conditioner, Mizani, and S-factor.....

Last edited:
Davines Alchemical Conditioner/Treatment for Silver Hair (it comes in other colors too). Have no idea whether it works, but I want to try it. I'd buy a new table top dryer, or maybe a freestanding one. John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli conditoners, or maybe Robert Craig conditioner. I'd get some hair accessories from Eugenia Kim. Is there any more money left?:grin:

I decided to try "It's a 10" miracle mask and it was worth it. I left it in my hair for 20 minutes, no cap, no heat. when I was rinsing my hair it felt nearly as soft and detangled as it does when I have a fresh retouch. I let my hair airdry without any additional products. My hair felt so light and had swing while it was drying. I can't say that it felt really soft once it was airdried, however, after I straightened it my hair was so full of body I couldn't believe it. It looked so full like the way it does after a blow out or a doobie. It was also silky with no frizz. I only bought the mask but I will definately be trying the leave in and maybe the shampoo as well. The mask was only $29 so I still have some splurging left.

My only complaint was that I tried to hot curl it but it wouldn't really curl as tight as I wanted, It looked like I only bent the ends. I washed wednesday night and it's now friday night and my hair still has more volume then usual. Can't wait to get the leave in, they were out of it and only had one shampoo left. I wonder if they just don't stock a lot of it cause it's not well known or if they can't keep it stock cause it works so well. In any case if they still don't have it when I go back I will sure be asking them to order it.

Last edited:
I've been eyeing that mask and leave in. Thanks for your review!!!!

id save up and get a pibbs but as far as products i recommend the kerastase oleo relax serum concentrate it seriously kept me from having a crazy moment and shaving my head during a 4 month summer stretch it smells so good, its a little miracle.

I've been eyeing that mask and leave in. Thanks for your review!!!!

You're welcome, I can't wait to try the rest of the line. It seems hard to find though. A lot of online stores carry it but I've never seen it at any other salons except this one that I just purchased it from. I read reviews from people who says they've gotten it from a local pharmacy but I've never seen it in a drug store down here.

Back