What would you think.......

fancypants007

if one of your coworkers said to you, I want to look just like you.

I am on the LadyPaniolo challenge and have been wearing half wigs for several months now. I like Sensantionnel HZ9047 and have been wearing her for several weeks. As she gets older, I put some carefree curl activator throughout the wig and it forms these cute spiral curls that frame my face. My coworker kept telling me how the wig looked like my natural hair. Then one day I'm in her office and she keeps looking at my hair and telling me how much it looks like my hair. Then she asks me to do her hair which I was shocked because girlfriend thinks that she is all that and then some. I told her I would if she would buy the half wig. Well I gave her Clairhair.com website to look at some halfwigs. She told me she ordered 3, one of them being a Sensantionnel instant weave that looked similar to my wig with the spiral curls, but it's shorter. Then she said to me... because I want to look just like you! What does such an expression mean because even if you buy the wig, you are you and I am me.

I say run you have a crazy person on your hands.

J/K take it with a grain of salt. Like the poster upthread wrote imitation.....

Maybe.....

^^^ LMAO :lachen:

People say this to me all the time. My hair is fly, what can I say LOL :lachen:
Make her sign a contract stating she will NOT buy the same half wig and wear it to work! if she starts to dress like you as well, watch "The Roommate" and find yourself a new job LOL j/k

um i dont see a problem unless she breaks into your house and you catch her smelling your undies or something:blush::lachen:

i would just take it as a compliment and KIM:yep:

@fancypants007, you're tripping girl! LOL Or maybe I'm the crazy one. You mean you've never heard, "I want to be just like you when I grow up!" or such like statements? I'm tickled you're asking "What does that mean?" Really?

Seems to me that when people carry magazine to a stylist to show how they want their hair it's because they their hair done to look like that of the person in the magazine. Or when people say, I want to get a cut like ABC, it's coz they hope to it'll look as good as it does on ABC. So your coworker is just doing the same thing: wants to get the same look you have. At least that's how I'd see it.

Now if she started buying the same clothes as you... then I'd think Single White Female Part II.

[rant]This OT, but am I the only one bugged about the new movie Roomate seeming to be a copy of Single White Female? Remakes of classics, yeah I called it a classic :giggle:, even under a different name sometimes bug the heck out of me. What's the point of an echo when we "heard" it the first time? :wallbash: [/rant]

Last edited:
Has she done other things that have made you uncomfortable? It could just be her really liking your style but if things are adding up to make you feel this way then go with your gut.

^^^ LMAO :lachen:

People say this to me all the time. My hair is fly, what can I say LOL :lachen:
Make her sign a contract stating she will NOT buy the same half wig and wear it to work! if she starts to dress like you as well, watch "The Roommate" and find yourself a new job LOL j/k

Your hair is beautiful!

@fancypants007, you're tripping girl! LOL Or maybe I'm the crazy one. You mean you've never heard, "I want to be just like you when I grow up!" or such like statements? I'm tickled you're asking "What does that mean?" Really?

Seems to me that when people carry magazine to a stylist to show how they want their hair it's because they their hair done to look like that of the person in the magazine. Or when people say, I want to get a cut like ABC, it's coz they hope to it'll look as good as it does on ABC. So your coworker is just doing the same thing: wants to get the same look you have. At least that's how I'd see it.

Now if she started buying the same clothes as you... then I'd think Single White Female Part II.

[rant]This OT, but am I the only one bugged about the new movie Roomate seeming to be a copy of Single White Female? Remakes of classics, yeah I called it a classic :giggle:, even under a different name sometimes bug the heck out of me. What's the point of an echo when we "heard" it the first time? :wallbash: [/rant]

Thanks for your explanation and you're right, I am tripping because I can't understand why she said it. If you want the look, just say I want a wig just like that, where did you buy it, not say I want to look just like you. I guess I was uncomfortable with this statement because I feel no matter what you can't look like another person, imitation for truth. I have always been comfortable with the skin I'm in and have no desire to be anybody but me. Each person is unique and an individual. I guess I still don't understand why people might say it, but nuf said...... moving on!

Aww @fancypants007, you seem so modest. :kiss: Believe it or not, you're a beautiful person (probably inside and out) and there are people who admire you enough to want to be like you--whether it's in appearance or personality. It is true they can never be anyone but whom they are, but it doesn't stop them dreaming/wishing.

So next time such a "weird comment" is made, just view such it as a compliment...until proven otherwise. (Rent Single White Female to get ideas of what falls under "otherwise". :grin: )

It's a compliment, but TBH I think compliments like that are creepy...and is a telltale sign of the person being insecure. You can admire without imitating.

Like I love Maria's hair and it is straight up FIYAH, but I don't want her hair...

It's a compliment, but TBH I think compliments like that are creepy...and is a telltale sign of the person being insecure. You can admire without imitating.

Like I love Maria's hair and it is straight up FIYAH, but I don't want her hair...

I'd trade my WL hair for your curls any day! My curls are just wavy and boring now.

Your hair is beautiful!

Thank you @fancypants007

MOONWALK.gif

Back