What Would You Do??

L.Brown1114

So I'm officially claiming hair damage. I have to DO soooo much and my ends are STILL breaking off. I'm arm pit length and my new growth that isn't damaged is like 2-3 inches long. I don't like my hair short BUT when my hair is healthy it grows like wild fire ( I get 1 inch a month) and I actually retain it.

Should I do another BC? I hate myself with short hair so much that it's literally the only thing stopping me, but all these hard protein treatments and having to use hardcore products to moisturize my air for a short period of time is killing my soul.

length V.S. health? I know in the long run it will be better if I chop, but i'm scared i'll be tempted to relax to show length which will make my hair high maintenance AGAIN and this process will start all over! lol

what would you do?? transition until you're comfy with the length and just deal with the two textures? or chop it off and start fresh?

Do you have pics of your hair? What caused the damage? Maybe it doesn't have to all be chopped off.

I love short hair on me, but after maintaining a short cut for a few years while my hair was relaxed, the last thing I wanted to do was cut my hair and grow out another crop or pixie cut, so I transitioned by hiding my hair and cutting as I went along. If I had a do-over, I wouldn't necessarily go the same route.

I just got my damage cut off. It's in layers and the sides are a lot shorter than the back and I'm going to be rocking headbands for about 3 months until it gets to the length I want :lol: I decided to do it because now that I have a regimen/products I like, I made the decision to stop experimenting so much and really take care of my hair. I wanted to cut off all the damage from before and really just have a head of healthy hair to start with, no matter what length. I figured there was no use in sitting there trying to nurture hair that was going to be breaking and making my head look bad anyway...

Do you have pics of your hair? What caused the damage? Maybe it doesn't have to all be chopped off.

I love short hair on me, but after maintaining a short cut for a few years while my hair was relaxed, the last thing I wanted to do was cut my hair and grow out another crop or pixie cut, so I transitioned by hiding my hair and cutting as I went along. If I had a do-over, I wouldn't necessarily go the same route.

I have bleach AND heat damage. It's a mess. Looks pretty though lol. My curls are very loose yet still uniform. No one would know my hair is damaged unless i told them. It looks like I'm texlaxed. i was thinking of trimming and then braiding it up but I can't get braids for awhile. I don't get paid for another month I just got paid

So I'm officially claiming hair damage. I have to DO soooo much and my ends are STILL breaking off. I'm arm pit length and my new growth that isn't damaged is like 2-3 inches long. I don't like my hair short BUT when my hair is healthy it grows like wild fire ( I get 1 inch a month) and I actually retain it.

Should I do another BC? I hate myself with short hair so much that it's literally the only thing stopping me, but all these hard protein treatments and having to use hardcore products to moisturize my air for a short period of time is killing my soul.

length V.S. health? I know in the long run it will be better if I chop, but i'm scared i'll be tempted to relax to show length which will make my hair high maintenance AGAIN and this process will start all over! lol

what would you do?? transition until you're comfy with the length and just deal with the two textures? or chop it off and start fresh?

I wouldn't cut it. I would do a trim of 1/2 to 1" initially. Follow that with a reconstructor and DC and repeat the process every 4 to 6 weeks until all of the damage was gone. Keep your hair moisturized and hydrated and in some type of protective style.

I don't think big chopping is necessary. I big chopped and I would have done much better just taking off a little at a time. I would have reached my length goals much sooner and it would have been easier to style.

I wouldn't cut it. I would do a trim of 1/2 to 1" initially. Follow that with a reconstructor and DC and repeat the process every 4 to 6 weeks until all of the damage was gone. Keep your hair moisturized and hydrated and in some type of protective style.

I don't think big chopping is necessary. I big chopped and I would have done much better just taking off a little at a time. I would have reached my length goals much sooner and it would have been easier to style.

Thanks for the advice!! Yeah I think a good trim and some serious TLC will help with this situation because it's always the ends that start going to crap first when your hair is damaged

Back