what washing/applying method do you use with Mega Tek

what washing/applying method do you use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evolving78

for those of you that use mega tek, how often are you using it throughout the week and how often are you washing/cowashing your hair? do you feel this method is working for you? does cleansing the scalp often help? do you thinking applying it daily causes buildup, therefore hinders the product' ability to work, or it hasn't hindered it at all?

(when I'm using it) :sekret:

Apply daily, DCowash twice a week (when I'm not being lazy), and when I am, DCowash once a week. I use a tiny, tiny, tiny bit, so 90% of what I apply actually soaks into my scalp. I don't find that I have buildup, at all.
If I tried to wash my hair daily, I might as well not use MT, as I would be breaking off any growth I had...

I apply it str8 to to my scalp about 4-5 times a week. I cowash once to combat buildup and b/c I workout. I like keeping my scalp clean, but leaving it on for maximum absorbtion.

I apply daily to scalp only. I don't have any buildup. I mix my MT with jojoba oil, emu oil, tea tree oils. It all seems to be absorbing into my scalp so that even by next morning, there's nothing on the scalp. I wash 2x per week, & don't apply MT on wash days.

Hope this helps.

In the beginning scalp only 3 to 4 times a week. Now I apply it once a week like a DC and massage it into my scalp, I wash it out in the morning. I mix my MT with olive oil, peppermint, and rosemary oils.

thanks ladies for responding. i just want to make sure i'm doing it right.
i have applied it for 4 days now and i didn't know if i needed to cowash my hair. since i have been protective styling, i like to wash and dc my hair once a week. i might be using too much because when i scratch some of it comes off under my nails. i will use a little bit next time.

Iv'e been using MT since 8/25 and I started with MT on the scalp 2x a week and DC with MT 3x a week. Full Strength! Not mixtures just moisturize after I apply it to my hair. I also add a little to my ends when I moisturize on those 2 days.

thanks ladies for responding. i just want to make sure i'm doing it right.
i have applied it for 4 days now and i didn't know if i needed to cowash my hair. since i have been protective styling, i like to wash and dc my hair once a week. i might be using too much because when i scratch some of it comes off under my nails. i will use a little bit next time.

I apply it with a light touch; I use a dab at a time because I'm trying to just get it on my scalp - any that is on my hair is accidental. Somebody (I don't remember who) is mixing it with water and applying to the scalp using an applicator bottle. I'm thinking of doing this as I get farther into my stretch so I can avoid "parting" my NG.

Somebody else uses a cotton swab to apply. All this to say, I'm not sure there is a "wrong" way to do it; it's whatever works best for YOU. :spinning:

I apply it 4 days a week and mix it with Indian oils althought I'm about to mix it with BeeMine. I wash once a week. I've only been using MT a week now.

I apply it with a light touch; I use a dab at a time because I'm trying to just get it on my scalp - any that is on my hair is accidental. Somebody (I don't remember who) is mixing it with water and applying to the scalp using an applicator bottle. I'm thinking of doing this as I get farther into my stretch so I can avoid "parting" my NG.

Somebody else uses a cotton swab to apply. All this to say, I'm not sure there is a "wrong" way to do it; it's whatever works best for YOU. :spinning:

yeah, i use mine with an applicator bottle too. it has a really small tip. i have two strand twists in and i just go through the parts. i wonder would that be diluting the product (losing potency), you know mixing it with water?

yeah, i use mine with an applicator bottle too. it has a really small tip. i have two strand twists in and i just go through the parts. i wonder would that be diluting the product (losing potency), you know mixing it with water?

I wonder the same thing, but I want to liquefy it, y'know? I don't know that I want to add THAT much oil to it.

I wonder the same thing, but I want to liquefy it, y'know? I don't know that I want to add THAT much oil to it.

THAT SOULDS LIKE A REALLY GOOD IDEA I WILL USE MINIMAL WATER JUST TO THIN IT OUT A LITTLE B/C WHEN I APPLY WITH FINGERS I THINK IGET TOO MUCH ON THE HAIR NOT ENOUGH ON THE SCALP:nono: I WOULD LOVE TO USE MY APPLICATOR BOTTLE:grin:

Apply daily to scalp
Wash or CW about every 4 days (twice per week)
When using as a treatment--saturate washed hair, leave on 15-20 min w/ or w/o heat--then moisture DC.

I just started using it regularly at the beginning of the month and I have been applying it to my scalp every night during the week and cowashing every morning. however, I'm going to cowash every other day and still apply every night now that I see that its 'ok' to leave in more than 24 hrs.

for those of you that use mega tek, how often are you using it throughout the week and how often are you washing/cowashing your hair? do you feel this method is working for you? does cleansing the scalp often help? do you thinking applying it daily causes buildup, therefore hinders the product' ability to work, or it hasn't hindered it at all?

Every day, I cowash right before bed and apply Mega-Tek to my scalp. I leave it in until the next evening, when I cowash again. I find that Mega-Tek keeps my hair feeling really clean, and I have not felt the need to use shampoo since the beginning of the month. Maybe because the MT is drying? Either way, I personally like the fact that my hair feels super clean as soon as I rinse out the MT... and the conditioner I use is full of cones, so I'm glad I don't see or feel any buildup.

Every day, I cowash right before bed and apply Mega-Tek to my scalp. I leave it in until the next evening, when I cowash again. I find that Mega-Tek keeps my hair feeling really clean, and I have not felt the need to use shampoo since the beginning of the month. Maybe because the MT is drying? Either way, I personally like the fact that my hair feels super clean as soon as I rinse out the MT... and the conditioner I use is full of cones, so I'm glad I don't see or feel any buildup.

see it isn't drying to me at all. it is very moisturizing for it to be a protein product. i only put a little bit of oil in it. i feel like i want to wash my hair so badly, but i'm going to wait until my next wash day. i just wonder if i should keep using it until Friday. or just stop and apply again when my hair and scalp are clean.

does any feel that it is more moisturizing than drying?
I was thinking this too. I apply nitely when I take down my bun. I am trying to recover from some stress related hair loss around my edges. So I put about a quarter sized amount all over and throughout my edges and it makes my hair EXTREMELY soft. The only time when I see buildup is right before wash day. I wash once a week. But it comes right off and I don't really have to clarify any more or less. HTH.

Thank shortdub for this thread, because I was wondering the same thing. It is so confusing reading all those different MT/OCT threads; so many people have different methods. I thought that maybe if you left it in without immediately rinsing or cowashing, your hair would start breaking. Now I understand you can leave it in, the main thing is just build up. But I am just waiting until Thursday to order mine. I think I'm gonna go the OCT and MT route, because I want more length and thickness. Wish me luck!

My whole thing w MT is that, how does it work? Does it strengthen the hair? or the follicle of the hair?

Since I thought MT was a strengther, you would put it on your hair but if it strengthens the follicle, maybe that's why ppl use it on the scalp?

Nobody's been able to answer that question for me. That's why I haven't started using it yet.

I stopped putting in on my scalp mixed with oils because no matter how much i diluted it, it still left that white residue/flakes in my hair.

I just started using it as a protein treatment now. Wash hair, apply with a shower cap for 15 mins, rinse out and apply a moisturizing conditioner.

I left mine in Georgia back in October... I have to get back into it because I'm back to see- thru ends and lost most of the growth from this summer:wallbash:

I'm braided and underneath a weave net so I dilute with water,oils,and leave in conditioners. I apply once a day or every other day and conditioner wash once a week or about every 4 or 5 days.

My whole thing w MT is that, how does it work? Does it strengthen the hair? or the follicle of the hair?

Since I thought MT was a strengther, you would put it on your hair but if it strengthens the follicle, maybe that's why ppl use it on the scalp?

Nobody's been able to answer that question for me. That's why I haven't started using it yet.

That is an excellent question - hopefully someone will address it or better yet, it may need to be a separate thread

Last edited:
Back