What Type of FHI Do You Have??

ynggftd&mxd

So I'm looking for a new flatiron- preferably FHI because my CHi is . . . not cutting it =/
The CHI (1'') never got my 3c/4a texturized hair shiny and bouncy...always dull and snagged my ends.
The FHI looks bomb! There are just so many...
1. do you own a technique/runway
and
2. what size?

thanks a lot!

207RVI!!! :yay:

I got it from www.frizzy2silky.com for $69.99, free shipping on orders over $50! Fast shipping, good customer service AND they gave me a free leave in sample :yep:

I can't post pics from my phone on here, but I have pics of my dd's natural hair flatironed with my Fhi on www.healthytextures.ning.com. My name is tiffers there too :grin:

Yea I have the same as everyone else 207rvi. It works like a charm. When I first purchased it I think I gave it a bad review but then later on I posted back with pics and updated review after learning the proper technique.

^^^^^ I have the same FHI and I love mine too!

The pic Jan 08 pic below is my flat iron results with the use of my FHI.
I have a recent pic of my FHI results in my fotki under "comparison pics". It's the last shot (feb/may progress pic).

Last edited:
I have that one. Used it twice so far and I already see more splits. Guess my hair just doesnt like heat.

Hey Loca,

What heat protectant do you use? Do you flat-iron after you did a protein dc followed by a moisturizing dc?

My hair is not too fond of heat but I realized that when I invested in a good thermal protection (chi) and did a protein dc and moisturiz dc before flat ironing, I got hardly any breakage. I only flat iron every month or every other month too.

Hey Loca,

What heat protectant do you use? Do you flat-iron after you did a protein dc followed by a moisturizing dc?

My hair is not too fond of heat but I realized that when I invested in a good thermal protection (chi) and did a protein dc and moisturiz dc before flat ironing, I got hardly any breakage. I only flat iron every month or every other month too.
I agree or the iron does not work for your hair. Like with my Chi, with all the care i put into avoiding heat damage i still got lots of splits!!

207 RVI

Purchased 2 years ago after joining. I wanted this thing soooooooo bad after seeing the great results that Sistaslick got with hers.

However, I still don't know how to flat iron my hair. It just doesn't come out right. :ohwell:
I only use it to do my bangs..:perplexed

One day I'm going to really put forth some effort and use my FHI and/or my Maxiglide...

Hey Loca,

I use fantasia IC straightening serum heat protectant.

I flat ironed a couple of days after I washed my hair. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time.

I got it at frizzy2silky.com for $63. That was the cheapest I found it for.

Back