What type of anti-humidity spray do you use?

Renewed1

Hi ladies,

I want to start wearing my hair straight and I live in HOT CHICAGO!!!

What type of anti-humidity spray do you use?

Thanks!

I don't use an anti-humidity spray. I'm using Sabino Moisture Block b/c summer is in full effect & I am NOT friends with the frizz.

I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine anti-humidity spray when I straighten. Now, granted I live in the desert Southwest, but I've also used it in humid climates such as in Louisiana and it held up pretty well. I've been sweating a lot lately( probably hot flashes) as I am in my forties lol. You can lightly spray each flat ironed section when you're done or wait until the end and spray. I've done both because I can be heavy handed sometimes, but I've found that less it more.

I don't use an anti-humidity spray. I'm using Sabino Moisture Block b/c summer is in full effect & I am NOT friends with the frizz.
Googled this and found it on Amazon. Is it also found in BSSs or Walmart/Target, etc? Are you natural/relaxed...I'm relaxed and was ensuring this was a good prod for me.

I use Garnier Sleek and Shine anti-humidity spray. I've found it works a lot better when paired with the anti-humidity smoothing milk.

Aussie Smooth 12 hour anti humidity flexible hold hairspray.
I discovered it a few years ago bc of my trip to Florida but it also holds up in the Houston Humidity.

I went insane this weekend after experiences with poofy hair at graduation and a job interview.

I used... Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner.
I then used Redken Align 12 for medium hair before blow drying
I then used John Frieda Weather Works Weather-Proofing Style Sealant Creme before flat ironing
Then I used Redken outshine anti-frizz milk
THEN I sprayed my hair with Keracare Oil Sheen with Humidity Block

It worked. I did all of this on Sunday and my hair is still straight now... even through water aerobics last night.

It was a lot of gunk though. But I was determined to WIN AGAINST THE FRIZZ.

Googled this and found it on Amazon. Is it also found in BSSs or Walmart/Target, etc? Are you natural/relaxed...I'm relaxed and was ensuring this was a good prod for me.

I'm natural. I'm going to color my hair tonight and buy some products this weekend to see what works. I have an interview Tuesday and I don't want poofy hair.

It can only be ordered online. I ordered it a while ago when the web site (I forgot the name) was selling it for $5.99. I have the original version, which I think isn't made anymore. I think they only sell Lok Blok now.

Aussie Smooth 12 hour anti humidity flexible hold hairspray.
I discovered it a few years ago bc of my trip to Florida but it also holds up in the Houston Humidity.

This is good to know b/c I'm going to Florida at the end of the summer.

I went insane this weekend after experiences with poofy hair at graduation and a job interview.

I used... Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner.
I then used Redken Align 12 for medium hair before blow drying
I then used John Frieda Weather Works Weather-Proofing Style Sealant Creme before flat ironing
Then I used Redken outshine anti-frizz milk
THEN I sprayed my hair with Keracare Oil Sheen with Humidity Block

It worked. I did all of this on Sunday and my hair is still straight now... even through water aerobics last night.

It was a lot of gunk though. But I was determined to WIN AGAINST THE FRIZZ.

I didn't know that Redken had an anti-frizz milk. I will have to remember to keep an eye out for it the next time that I'm in Ricky's or pass by a SuperCuts.

I'm rooting for you in your battle against the frizz because I'm fighting it too.

So this is what I did.

I used anti-frizz phytobrush shampoo, suave humectant conditioner, garnier fructius sleek and smooth serum and garnier anti-humidity hair spray.

So far so good.

Hey everyone ... follow these links below. The info is real and it will save you frustration and money.

Here's a challenge for all of you!

Shampoo your hair the next day after using these products and don't use a conditioner but instead, a regular shampoo. That will be the true texture and health of your hair. These and all other hair products are nothing but smoke and mirrors and disguise what your hair really needs ... moisture, which is the backbone for the strength and health of your hair. Conditioners are only fillers that last 2 to 3 hours until they either dilute or dissipate, Shampooing your hair with no-poo conditioners can create build up that attracts pollutants and eventually clog scalp pores that reduce new hair growth.

Check out these two links and hopefully you will be open enough to find a better way to take care of your hair and spend hard earned money more wisely.

http://www.gotfrizz.com/frizzy_hair_solutions.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0110-protecting_your_hair.htm

Sabino at first I thought you were trippin......thank you for those links!!!!

It was a great reminder.

I use John Frieda's Frizz Ease and it works pretty well. I have also tried the Weather Proof and the Humidity Blocking Hairspray from his line. They worked pretty well.

I have tried Sabino Moisture Block in the past and it was just okay. I also hated that I had to order it online.

The last stylist I went to was using the Mizani Thermasmooth products. I think I'm going to try those next.

Last edited:
Back