What to use if I airdry and want waves/curls?

Glib Gurl

Since being with you ladies my hair has transformed . . . it's supermoisturized and healthy and even a little longer ;) I'm thinking that I would like to try a wash-and-wear style. (I am thinking this after noticing that my hair has started to curl up a bit if I completely airdry.) But, I'm wondering if there are any products I could use the help the hair dry into a cute curl (and not make me look like I got caught in a windstorm after pulling my finger out of an electric socket).

Any suggestions?

FYI - I am 4a/b, should length, relaxed . . .

Thanks!

[size=+1] I use Humectress first then put in a lot of Hydra TLC 24/creme. I scrunch it then leave it alone. If I wanna wear a brastrap head band.......I usually put that in after I put all my products in then leave it alone.

HTH :)
[/size]

Have you tried scrunching? When I was relaxed and did it, waves popped up. If I just left it alone it wouldn't do that. You could probably just use a leave in and scrunch. My hair always looked good wet but when it dried it looked like :perplexed. I never quite perfected it on my relaxed hair.

Have you tried scrunching? When I was relaxed and did it, waves popped up. If I just left it alone it wouldn't do that. You could probably just use a leave in and scrunch. My hair always looked good wet but when it dried it looked like :perplexed. I never quite perfected it on my relaxed hair.

[size=+1]Yep....scrunching is key. If I don't scrunch....yuck. I even flip my head upside down and scrunch that way sometimes. You get a fuller look doing that way.

But scrunch.....then don't touch.
[/size]

Bantu knots give me great waves and curls. I apply leave-ins and let dry 50-75%. Then put in bantus depending on how wavy or curly I want my hair. Three (one on each side and one in back) will give me curly hair. One bantu bun or one on each side will give me waves like in my siggie and avatar. My hair will also look different depending on how I start the bantu twist....towards the front or towards the back. Try experimenting a little. HTH!

I 'm currently wearing braidouts mostly but when I want a wash n go type style, I'll use Garnier Fructis curl creme and scrunching. It gives a really nice S curl.

Back