What to use for rollerset when its humid?

Mamamia

It's been really warm and humid lately and my rollerset went flat at the ends and puffy near the roots. All I used was rosewater, Mizani Rose H2O Hairdress (tiny bit), and Nexxus Heat Protectant. Is there anything else you use that would work to help with frizziness?

Attachments

• after roller wrap.jpg
    after roller wrap.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
I learned long before LHCF that fighting the humidty and frizz is a loosing battle for me. I havent tried it but maybe you could try Sabino. Alot of ladies rave about it.

It's only available through their website.

http://www.sabinohair.com

This is not true. I bought it at bss in town (a caucasian owned one), for 19.99). With that said it may be hard to find...I don't know. So maybe before I move to FL I need to buy a few bottles...lol!

I did try it when I was in FL a couple yrs ago....If I missed a spot it showed...LOL! If you use too much...yuck!! It took some figuring out, but did work. I have asked around and it seems to be the most recommended, even at the beauty supply I went to.

'kin hell SMB isn't cheap is it!? :eek:

I'll stick with diluted castor oil, I don't get any frizz at all when I use that.

This is not true. I bought it at bss in town (a caucasian owned one), for 19.99). With that said it may be hard to find...I don't know. So maybe before I move to FL I need to buy a few bottles...lol!

I did try it when I was in FL a couple yrs ago....If I missed a spot it showed...LOL! If you use too much...yuck!! It took some figuring out, but did work. I have asked around and it seems to be the most recommended, even at the beauty supply I went to.
Fine. I remember reading that here on the board. My post has been edited.

No problem! Maybe that is the way it used to be and now they got popular (probably at least partially thanks to LHCF) and started putting it in BSS stores. I thought is was kind of weird to find it in CA easily, but when I was in FL I did order it from online...but then again that was two years ago too. So IDK :rolleyes: lol!

Well, if you are Simba, then I am your cousin, ROAR!:lachen: I look like a blown out poodle and I just got my hair done last night.

LOL! I know what you mean. I've had days where I thought I did my hair right and it was looking good, but once the humidity got to it I dont why anyone pulled me aside and told me I looked the lion from Zoobalee Zoo! LOL

Attachments

You can also try Aveda's anti-humectant pomade. It smells really good. I got hipped to it from a Egyptian salon I would frequent a few years back.

I had stopped using it for awhile. I got confused after reading multiple threads on moisture,moisture and more moisture. I started to think I was doing a bad thing by blocking moisture. Now, I realize that I can put moisture in my hair using by way of leave-ins and such. Then I use the anti-humectant for my heat styling afterwards.

I think I will check out the Sabino always hear raved about.

Back