What to Do?

What To Do With Uneven Lengths?

• Even them out now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get regular trims.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Let the uneven length grow past shoulders, then even the two.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Leave it alone. It'll eventually catch up!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LDebagoria

When your hair is growing in at two different lengths? The right side of my head is about two inches longer than the left side.

I figured that I would wait until the left side grew past my shoulders, then get the two evened out. While waiting for THAT to happen, I'll continue wearing protective styles.

Have any of y'all dealt with this? Or even if you haven't, what do you think I should do?

I voted get regular trims b/c I think these kinds of things should be gradual. I've always found that chopping off whole inches of hair that is damaged/uneven is traumatic for me so I stay away from big changes like that unless I specifically want that. I would just trim maybe .5" at a time as it grows out so that the change isn't dramatic. If you're getting a reasonable amount of growth, it'll be evened up in no time.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, BOTH SIDES ARE GROWING, BUT MY LEFT SIDE IS A WHOLE INCH LONGER! I FIGURE THAT SINCE I WEAR MY HAIR IN PROTECTIVE STYLES AND NOBODY BUT ME REALLY SEES MY ENDS I'LL WAIT UNTIL I REACH AN INCH PAST MY FIRST GOAL THEN TRIM IT EVEN.

I have the same problem, my left side grows faster than the right side in the back. It usually takes a few months for the difference to become apparent after a trim. I choose to let it go until it becomes ridiculously obvious. That usually means a trim to even it up about every 5-6 months. If my right side grew as fast, I'd be brastrap by now. I hate cutting off the longer side, but I can't have my hair half long. Ironically, my aunt has the same problem--I guess it's genetic.

What I would do is cut it all off right now to even them up. I get very picky about things like that and need to have my hair even. BUT most people aren't like that and if you're not, my suggestion is to get regular trims until the hair grows to a point where you are comfortable with cutting them into one length, which is just as good.

When I recently had my hair relaxed, my right side was full, thick and way past my shoulders. My left side was thin, sparse and just grazing past the shoulders. I couldn't even them out all the way because of how thin the left was. However, I finally realized that that is the side that I sleep on at night. I'm going to try to sleep on the other side and trim little by little until they are even.

I am going through this now. My hair was cut into a flippy style, and the layers are growing out uneven. Oh well. I am not really worried about it. I wear twists daily, and they are curled, so you really can't tell that it's uneven. The only way that one could see it is if I straightened it, and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon. I would just wait it out w/ psc till it got closer to your hair goals, then I would do a cut to even it out. Then grow it back out. I just got sick of my color on the ends, and the uneveness. I was gonna wait till dec to cut again, but I did it the other night. It was only 1/2 in, so it wasn't too bad. It's a lot shorter then I thought it would be, but that's ok. It's only hair, it will grow back, and I know my hair is thanking me for it :)

The right side of my hair is shorter than the left I havent decided what i want to yet. I hate the thought of cutting hair ive worked so hard ton grow!

My right side grows faster than my left side, but it's not so much that I can wear my hair down and you will notice. If it is a huge difference then I would trim the longer side. If you don't wear your hair down then continue to wear the protective styles until the shorter side catches up or you feel more comfortable in trimming.

LDebagoria said:
When your hair is growing in at two different lengths? The right side of my head is about two inches longer than the left side.

I figured that I would wait until the left side grew past my shoulders, then get the two evened out. While waiting for THAT to happen, I'll continue wearing protective styles.

Have any of y'all dealt with this? Or even if you haven't, what do you think I should do?

My right side grows slightly faster than my left about 3/4-1 inch. I trim every so often to even it out.

I think you should let it grow past your shoulders then trim it even. Its ultimately up to you of course! ;)

I voted for youto wait for the left side to grow past your shoulders and then even the two, If you decide to wear it out, I would pull the shorter side behing my ear to camaflodge the the lenth or something like that.
LDebagoria said:

Back