what to do?

Mena

Why did this girl I hang out with call me out for wearing a half wig? It was slightly raised in the front but it did not look bad. Just a lil puffy. Now, I kind of want to get a weave to help me grow my hair instead. I am kind of tired of half wigs. I hope I am not being paranoid. :ohwell:

No big deal. You know its not yours but you also know why you're wearing it, so stick with it!

She knows its not yours, so why is she acting silly? Frankly, I'd swing it around & hit her with it but hey...to each their own.

No big deal. You know its not yours but you also know why you're wearing it, so stick with it!

Exactly. I haven't had anyone calling me out for wearing a FULL WIG but quite frankly if in their heads their wondering 'what the hell has she got on her head' or 'what's wrong with her hair underneath', I don't care because I know why I'm doing it and I can't let other people's opinions stop me from reaching my hair goals. NO SIR-REE.
I know it doesn't look bad though coz people keep saying, 'I like your hair'.:lachen:

this happen to me today one of the girls in my class yelled across the room " hey Tay i never knew you wore a weave" :lachen:come on it was a fake bun why did she have to inform the whole class. Now i feel ashame to wear it again thank god the class is over next week lol:grin:

That was pretty immature of her. It's not like you were going around perping like it was yours, right? *smh* Girl, i say keep on rocking that half-wig if its gonna get you to your goals! Screw her. :wallbash:

wow, people are petty. :nono:

don't let it bug you though... i have to explain to other black girls all the time why i still wear fake hair when i have a head full of hair already. :lachen: if she tries to call you out like that again, just say, "dang we all know i have hair underneath the wig, i just wanted to rock a different style. why do you feel the need to point out to everyone that i'm wearing a wig?"

and don't let her be a weava-diva too... i'd really hurt her feelings... :yawn:

She knows its not yours, so why is she acting silly? Frankly, I'd swing it around & hit her with it but hey...to each their own.

Thank you! I never understood why some folks feel the need to call people out and rain on their parade in the process! Some people have store-bought hair and we all know this. Why make a scene about it? Dang...

I would probally get a new one since it might be getting obvious, but ask her WTH is her D*m problem at the same time. Thats ignorant.

I would probally get a new one since it might be getting obvious, but ask her WTH is her D*m problem at the same time. Thats ignorant.

She said she used to wear them too and was talking about how her hair would dread up under it.

Exactly. I haven't had anyone calling me out for wearing a FULL WIG but quite frankly if in their heads their wondering 'what the hell has she got on her head' or 'what's wrong with her hair underneath', I don't care because I know why I'm doing it and I can't let other people's opinions stop me from reaching my hair goals. NO SIR-REE.
I know it doesn't look bad though coz people keep saying, 'I like your hair'.:lachen:

yea guys like my hair its just certain females feel a need to call people out when they do the same thing

i do think i am going to get a different style.

What did she say, exactly?

to me?
her: she was like girl are you wearing a half wig...
me: yea and?
her: just wondering because it is a little high in the front
me: yea i know
her: i use to wear them and my hair wold dread up underneath
me: oh ok

thats it

my hw is nice but i got lazy that day and didnt corn row all my hair underneath that is why it was a little high in the front

to me?

thats it

my hw is nice but i got lazy that day and didnt corn row all my hair underneath that is why it was a little high in the front

*psh* whatever, doesn't mean yours is matted underneath. i wouldn't even bother taking offense to that. do you mami :yep:

to me?

thats it

She said it in front of a group of people?

to me?

thats it

Gawd. She must've been looking real hard to point out that little flaw. I once overheard this "worker" in Toy'sRUS claim to her "co-worker" that my twists weren't real (which they are real) and then snickered. Wtf? :rolleyes:

Watever...you must've been looking too cute to where she had to find SOMETHING wrong.
Your question is, "what to do?". I say keep doing you.:thumbsup:

I wear my hair short to class one day and long the next. I try to separate the days so I won't give anyone a heart attack.:lachen:But, if someone called me out, I would be like, "Yup, this is like 1B, in 12 inches. I think this is the Shirley" :lachen:Please, you know what you are trying to do. Forget the rest!

haha true

what do you think of this?
Ciara_M.jpg

or this?

HERA_M.jpg

i am trying to buy a new one...i have been wearing these 2 wigs for the last 4 months
twila_M.jpg

I mostly wear this one below though 80% of the time
FDPOR_PortlandGirl_2_M.jpg

decisons decisons

I like the crinkly one actually.
I don't really like the long bone straight looks on me because I think they look too unnatural.

Back