What to do with Rosewater?

Cleve_gryl

What do you do with it? I've seen it at the Indian grocery, but want to know what its uses are before the PJ in me picks up a bottle.

TIA

Hey girl, I remember from one of the homemade hair care books that I read that you can use rosewater as a hair rinse or hair refresher. HTH

btw, I use rosewater sometimes in my bath and I also keep some in a spray bottle to use as a room spray. :)

Rosewater can be used for any hair/skin formulation that requires water. I use mine to mix with french green clay for facials and for toning my skin. In a spray bottle, I use it with conditioner to wet hair. Sometimes, I use it to spray the room to make it smell fresher. When it's hot, I spray it on my face and neck to feel cooler (and smell good).

If you like such things (and we do) you can use it in the kitchen as well. Both rose reptals and hips are edible.

newflowers said:
Rosewater can be used for any hair/skin formulation that requires water. I use mine to mix with french green clay for facials and for toning my skin. In a spray bottle, I use it with conditioner to wet hair. Sometimes, I use it to spray the room to make it smell fresher. When it's hot, I spray it on my face and neck to feel cooler (and smell good).

If you like such things (and we do) you can use it in the kitchen as well. Both rose reptals and hips are edible.

Yep, the massage lady sprayed it on my face.

You can mix it with a little JoJoba oil or castor oil for and put it in a spray bottle to make a nice hair moisturizer

Oh - that's a good idea. My Dh loves to smell my hair. so I always try to use something that's both good for the hair and has a good scent too.

cutiebe2 said:
You can mix it with a little JoJoba oil or castor oil for and put it in a spray bottle to make a nice hair moisturizer

I just mixed some with castor oil this morning. ;)

I use a rosewater/glycrerine mix as a moisterizer for my hair and skin. Both are great in harsh weather and do well as a pick me up in the middle of the day.

-A

Back