What to do with old products?

Glib Gurl

Hey Ladies

One great thing about being here is that I've learned about oodles of new products that are really helping my hair. My only question is this -- what do I do with my old products? I mean, they're not bad -- they're just not as good as the new ones I discovered. I don't want to throw them out . . . but they're just sitting there in my boudoir. :lol:

What do you guys do with your old(er) products?

Glib Gurl said:
Hey Ladies

One great thing about being here is that I've learned about oodles of new products that are really helping my hair. My only question is this -- what do I do with my old products? I mean, they're not bad -- they're just not as good as the new ones I discovered. I don't want to throw them out . . . but they're just sitting there in my boudoir. :lol:

What do you guys do with your old(er) products?

i give them to a women's shelter.

Girl mix that stuff up!! You might just come up with a new concoction that your hair will love.... :brainy:

I have give a lot ot items away -

Old poos - I uses to clean hair tools - combs, brushes, rollers, etc.

Old condish - I mix up, or use as shave cream, or in-shower lotion - i slather it on, let it sit for a min, and rinse off, my skin feels great afterwards!

I took some to our last Atlanta LHCF meeting. I also mix up conditioners I didn't like solo, or use them to shave my legs with. I'm not too picky about shampoos; I'll use just about anything. If it's too stripping, I just dilute it (I do this with all my poos anyway).

nikkipoo said:
I donate so many clothes and shoes, but I never thought to donate hair products:confused: That's a good idea:grin:

Same here. I never even thought about that.

You can also post in the product exchant thread (i think that's the name) and see if anyone on the board would want them.

It kind of depends on what it was. Some products I'll give to my friends, or, if I'm sending something to my mother, I'll put it in there.

If its been used more then 3-4 times, I'll mix it with something else or chuck it. (this is why I don't get big bottles unless I really like it)

-A

I just use them until they're gone. Sometimes I give them away, but mostly to my immediate family members, so they're still in my room.

Shampoos - I keep to use to wash my combs, bobby pins, etc.
Conditioners - I mix up for conditioning treatments. Others I have given away to friends that can use them.
Hair oils, pomades - I give these away or use to moisurise my feet.

Back