What to do While your Protecting Your Hair?

amara11

Hey ladies,
I am one of many who are using braids/twists to protect their hair to get closer to their hair goals.
Quick question though, what are you guys doing in the mean time to care for your hair? I know I have twists right now (senegalese) but I'd like to do some things to boost growth while it's protected. I take a mv, biotin, and iron now.

I don't want to use too much product on the strands because since I'm natural, washing it isn't an option (it would curl up in the twists and look busted!)

1)Should I add anything to my supplements?

2)To keep my hair moisurized, what works for you? Especially for the naturals in braids?

3)What is "MN", I tried doing a search for it, but came up short.

4) Should I put anything on my scalp?

5)Any other tips you can think of.

Thank you ladies, Im looking forward to meeting 2 new goals this year (APL, BSL)
I hope that you will do so too!

Hey ladies,
I am one of many who are using braids/twists to protect their hair to get closer to their hair goals.
Quick question though, what are you guys doing in the mean time to care for your hair? I know I have twists right now (senegalese) but I'd like to do some things to boost growth while it's protected. I take a mv, biotin, and iron now.

I don't want to use too much product on the strands because since I'm natural, washing it isn't an option (it would curl up in the twists and look busted!)

1)Should I add anything to my supplements? I honestly don't know on this one.

2)To keep my hair moisurized, what works for you? Especially for the naturals in braids? I've read some used s-curl no-drip activator to keep moisturized, as well as BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil and Aloe, and quite a few have stated they've used some type of Braid Spray.

3)What is "MN", I tried doing a search for it, but came up short. MN is short for Miconazole Nitrate, usually commonly found in Monistat/Neosporin fungal products. Just do a search with the word "Monistat" and you will come up with loads of threads detailing about this, including mixes that other members have used.

4) Should I put anything on my scalp? You can keep it moisturized as in step 2 or whatever you have that you find moisturizing for you and your hair.

5)Any other tips you can think of. Just make sure you keep your braids moisturized as much as you can but not too much where it will cause product buildup. Also wear a satin scarf or bonnet to protect your hair/braids, at all times if possible. HTH!

Thank you ladies, Im looking forward to meeting 2 new goals this year (APL, BSL)
I hope that you will do so too!
My responses are above in the blue :)

Back