What to do when it's too cold for Wash N Go!

BrittanyH26

What can you do with natural hair co-washed daily when it is too cold outside to do a wash and go? Any ideas ladies?

Thank you for the help!

I wet my hair daily and I just style however while it's wet. I mostly do loose buns, regular donut buns and sometimes I do flat twists. As long as it's an up do you can style wet hair is a lot of ways. If you leave it down I'd suggest you use a butter or something to twist it into curls. The thing is, once it's totally dry, you might have a different look/result.

I do more braid outs (sit under the dryer to let it dry or get out most of the dampness) or rollersets (again sitting under the dryer)

If you are referring to "go" ing w/wet hair....I never do that when it's cold out. Can't afford to get sick. I usually wash in the evening/night. In the morning it's dry, I spritz a little gel or scurl if necessary, pin up and go. I have pics if you'd like to see.

You can co-wash at night. Put your hair in large braids or twists allow them to dry overnight and you'll have a braid out/twist out OR with some finger combing, a chunky fro.

You can still do wash n' gos. Just use a diffuser to dry your curls a good deal before going out. :)

When it gets cold out, I just moisturize my hair and baggie all of my hair at night. Then in the morning I just style my hair. 80% of the time I do not have to put anything else on my hair, because it is nice and moist.

I still do it sometimes and when I do, I sit under the dryer for like 20 mins. You can try bunning or wash the night before and do a braid-out.

Thanks ladies! I think I will try the braids at night next time. Today, I co-washed in the AM and put my hair in a relatively loose bun. I don't comb it much though.. I simply use my fingers to gather hair. Is this alright?

I'd do it anyway... just use a scarf over your head while outside.

Ditto. I wash and pull it back into a ponytail, add my phony pony and then a scarf to walk to the car. My drive to work is about an hour so it's dry enough by then (with heat blasting in the car) to take off the scarf.

Back