What the heck is wrong with my hair?

ChocalateDiva

After a 2 hour DC a protien treatment and a rollersetting session yesterday my once thick hair is so FINE....

While it is shiny and healthy looking- its just not thick anymore!!:wallbash:

This has caused me to wonder if the constant DC'ing has somehow changed the texture of my hair.

I am not happy about it. While the length is lovely, I dont feel comfortable wearing my hair out because of the new thin, fine texture. I'm not even sure if thin is the right world......its just so different... and I'm not sure I like the "difference". My hair used to be so coarse and now its not anymore- only the new growth is coarse.

Has LHCF changed your hair in ways that may not be good?

Does anyone else have any insight on this?

TIA

As I understand it, there are not many (non-chemical) ways to actually change your hair's texture. It could be hard water, too much protein, or something else that changed the way your hair responds to styling.
IMO

As I understand it, there are not many (non-chemical) ways to actually change your hair's texture. It could be hard water, too much protein, or something else that changed the way your hair responds to styling.
IMO

Really? I didnt realized that. I have a filter on my shower so I dont think hair water is the problem. I am more of a moisture junkie than I am a protien junkie. I guess I will have to monitor my protien and moisture....but my hair does not seem weak or mushy nor does it feel brittle.

That's happen to me a few times with certain moisturizing conditioners. I have to be careful, they thin my hair out with a quickness.

Back