What the heck is up with ClairHair aka Hairsisters?

naturalmanenyc

Update 4/19/10

I received an email this afternoon claiming that ClairHair sent me an email on 4/15/10 telling me that my order is on backorder. LIE!

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 1:10 PM
To: NaturalManeNYC
Subject: RE: Order #123456- no confirmation email was received

Hello your order is on back order we sent you a back order email on the 15th with this information. You can either continue to wait for this product or cancel for your full refund. If you have any more questions please contact us. Thank you

In Kind Regards,

Clairhair.com
TELE : 877-692-5247
Email : [email protected]

I responded by email and called to remind them that I have never been told that my order was on backorder and I certainly would not have been calling and emailing them all last week, including Friday 4/17/10, to ask if my order shipped had I known it was on backorder. I am NEVER using them again. Waste of time.

I placed my order 4/11/10 and NEVER received a confirmation email although I did receive a confirmation number on-line. My bank account was charged but even today I still have no confirmation email.

I called clairhair on Monday, 4/12/10 and never could get anyone on the phone. I emailed after a few calls. I left two voice mails but never did get a call back.

The email response made no sense. I was told that my account was debited but because the billing address on my card did not match (match what I have no idea), and the funds would be refunded. I've lived at the same address for many years so that answer, to my simple question about if order #123456 (not the real order #) was received, made no sense.

I called again, no answer. I emailed again and got a totally different response saying that my order would be processed in 3 days. Again, not an answer to my simple question, was Order #123456 received since I did not receive an email confirmation and my account was debited.

I emailed again on Friday but received no response. All I want is confirmation that my order was received, since they charged me, and a tracking number for my shipment.

What is the problem with this company?

If DH did not really prefer this Baltimore Girl (Freetress) style in a #2, instead of the #4 that I bought, I would never even bother with ClairHair aka Hairsisters.

I could not find the hair locally in color #2 (backordered at beautyof newyork.com - they refunded me) and ClairHair was the only place, at the time, that had #2. I wish I had just waited to order from another on-line retailer.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/experimenting-with-/baltimore-girl-by-f/

Baltimore Girl color #4 - after a trim
baltimorecutfront2-vi.jpg

baltimorecut-vi.jpg

Original length of Baltimore Girl
baltimoregirlback-vi.jpg

My hair after BKT
IMG_10611-vi.jpg

Last edited:
(a) HairSisters is owned by Asians.

(b) There is a whole thread devoted to them and their awful service in the Vendor Forum.

I have used Rockey Trading but they do not carry Freetress unfortunately. Great prices and fast shipping.

I had been eyeing Baltimore Girl at the BSS for a while but could never find her locally in the color I need. I should have just waited. If I do not get a response tomorrow from ClairHair, I will just get a refund. They are off my list forever as a vendor.

ive recently ordered from them too a week ago and it states only 1 of my 2 wigs were shipped out..yet i havent received a refund for the other one or received the first..so we shall see..

I've never had a problem with hairsisters. I wish they'd send out confirmation emails. I just received a package I had ordered on the 14th on the 16th. It's weird. Why is the service so inconsistent? I pay using paypal, could that make a difference?

You should add your complaint to the Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/wigs-and-hairpieces/hairsisterscom-in-lincolnwood-il-88004064 They're rated an A, which makes no sense because so many people have had problems with them.

i ordered some marley braid hair for kinky twists on there

i got no confirmation email

but i did get my package in about 4 days

Wow, how many complaints can a company have and still have an A? BBB has always been suspect in my opinion.

BBB processed a total of 62 complaints about Hairsisters.Com in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 62 complaints closed in 36 months, 33 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned

5 regarding Advertising Issues 1- Advertised terms not honored2- Advertisement misrepresented a product2- None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue

3 regarding Billing or Collection Issues 1- Failure to correct billing errors1- Failure to substantiate charges1- None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

7 regarding Customer Service Issues 2- Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services3- Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support2- None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

16 regarding Delivery Issues 2- Late delivery of products11- Non-delivery of products1- Non-delivery of services2- None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue

4 regarding Product Issues 1- Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received3- None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

25 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues 14- Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit4- Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies7- None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

1 regarding Service Issues

I've never had a problem with hairsisters. I wish they'd send out confirmation emails. I just received a package I had ordered on the 14th on the 16th. It's weird. Why is the service so inconsistent? I pay using paypal, could that make a difference?

You should add your complaint to the Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business...ces/hairsisterscom-in-lincolnwood-il-88004064 They're rated an A, which makes no sense because so many people have had problems with them.

Last edited:
i had the worst experience with them everrr last year im sooo done with them i jus go there for pics and reviews!

i ordered wigs for my mom since she lived in sweden getting wigs and getting them for a cheap price is near impossible, i ordered them so by the time i would fly out to swe for christmas they would be here but nooo,

they didnt come until i was already in swe i was soo pissed, they were supposed to be a christmas gift :(
the reason was because they were on back order and instead of shippin out some of the wigs they held my whole order

i got the wigs when i came back from my vacay

and when i tried to compromise and figure out another way of maybe possibly having them shipped to swe they were being completly rude,

i cannot stand hair sisters, i will NEVER support their business again

I had the same scare but it was alright. They didnt send a confirmation email to me either but they give updates on the websites in the "check-out" section.
I didn't get my half-wig on the day they said it would arrive but it did arrive 3 days later.

So sorry about that- I no longer do business with either of them. Totally agree with UGQ, I just use them for reviews. I have used Golden Mart Beauty with much success, the product came in a few days. Also Blackhairspray is good. Not sure if they carry the item you were looking for though.

awww crap :mad:

How have I been on this forum this long and NOT known that ClairHair is Hairsisters? :wallbash:

I just ordered 2 half wigs friday. I did receive a confirmation but I hope I don't have any trouble, because I want those wigs on my head like yesterday!!!

Here's hoping.....:pray:

After my last purchase I decided I was not going to order from them anymore. The phone would go straight to voicemail every time during business hours. It was very annoying. I really wanted Bali Girl too, but I will have to pay more to get from my local BSS.

I just placed an order from them last week never recevied an email but received my package with only 2 of the 4 items that I ordered,when I called I was told that my items were in backorder but yet I was charged for the total amount. I have to acutally called them today for a follow up. I didn't see the paypal option on their site I placed the order on my card :wallbash:.

They've been bad for a while. I stopped ordering from them about a year ago. I have more success on ebay.

I have never had any big problems with Hairsisters. Now their processing times are wack. Every order I've had took 2-3 weeks to get to me. I never got any confirmation emails or shipping tracking numbers ever. But I always got my wigs in a few weeks. Once I learned that is how they operate, I just come to expect it.

wow that's crazy. I've ordered from hairsisters like 5 times and clairhair once and i always receive my orders like 4 days after ordering. i wonder why they are so wishywashy

I just placed an order from them last week never recevied an email but received my package with only 2 of the 4 items that I ordered,when I called I was told that my items were in backorder but yet I was charged for the total amount. I have to acutally called them today for a follow up. I didn't see the paypal option on their site I placed the order on my card :wallbash:.

You can actually dispute the charges through your credit card company as long as it's been within 30 days and you've saved the paper work. But only if it's a credit card & not a debit card.

I'm so done with ClairHair and Hairsisters.

I ordered from BlackHairSpray.com. I had my email order confirmation by 1:45 pm, I had my shipping confirmation by 4:20 pm and fedex picked up my package by 5:30 pm. That is what I call service!

It seems that Blackhairspray only posts items on their site that they have in stock. From what I can tell, they have no backorder issues and they care about customer service.

I ordered from BlackHairSpray.com. I had my email order confirmation by 1:45 pm, I had my shipping confirmation by 4:20 pm and fedex picked up my package by 5:30 pm. That is what I call service!

It seems that Blackhairspray only posts items on their site that they have in stock. From what I can tell, they have no backorder issues and they care about customer service.

Told ya:yep:- They are awesome.

Just a warning for future orders, Blackhairpsray doesn't always only post items that are in stock. I waited for 2-3 weeks getting my items from them back in january, apparently because they werent in stock. I actually ordered from blackhairspray and hairsisters at the same time and got my hs items before blackhairpsray.

Last edited:
I really like them. I just received a shipping update too, from Fedex via BlackHairSpray. They are really into communicating with their customers every step of the way. Such a welcomed change from the other vendors I used.

Thanks. I was impressed with the same day confirmation & same day shipping from BlackHairSpray.com but will take note that it's not the norm.

I'm done with those others vendors now. The blatant lies in addition to the lack of customer service is enough for me to take my money elsewhere.

Just a warning for future orders, Blackhairpsray doesn't always only post items that are in stock. I waited for 2-3 weeks getting my items from them back in january, apparently because they werent in stock. I actually ordered from blackhairspray and hairsisters at the same time and got my hs items before blackhairpsray.

You can actually dispute the charges through your credit card company as long as it's been within 30 days and you've saved the paper work. But only if it's a credit card & not a debit card.

I purchased it on my debit card but it was processed as a credit card. Ladies any suggestions on where to go from here. I called them today and they said they issued me a refund for the other two items but no refund has been posted yet. I'll be calling again tomorrow. Should I start emailing them so that I can have a paper trail?

what does "ordered" mean? i only got sent one wig and the other one says "ordered"..that means they are sending it later?

Back