What Temperature Do You Use On Your Flat Iron?

CreoleInDC said:
Mine goes all the way to 450 degrees. I know that's too hot...but what is a good temp to use?

I was using mine at 350 (only after a fresh wash and dry) but I was told that was too high, so now I'm between 280 & 300

i usually put my heat setting on 380-400 and my hair is very healthy but now i think that i'm gonna try 350 next time and see how it goes.

I have a regular conair ceramic 1 inch flatiron. The temperature goes from 1 to 25. I flat iron my hair on setting 1.

baglady215 said:
I can use 300-350 with a fresh relaxer, but to get the NG I go up to 400.

See...that's what I was thinking. That I would need more heat for new growth. Is it damaging to the new growth?

CreoleInDC said:
See...that's what I was thinking. That I would need more heat for new growth. Is it damaging to the new growth?

No, I haven't had any damage. I make sure I use more heat protectant though at higher temps.

CreoleInDC said:
What protectant do you use? I haven't quite mastered that step yet.

I had been using Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss (a serum) and a bit of Wonder 8 oil. But I'm wondering if this is really heat protection? I get awesome shine though. :lol: I did by some V05 heat protection spray. It had the exact same ingredients as Nexxus Heat Protexx but for much cheaper. I haven't tried it yet though.

Not to hijack your thread, but what is what on a Maxiglide? It goes 1-10. Creole what typr of flat iron are you using?

Mine goes from 130 to 210C. I use it on 160C=320F. The range is 1 to 25...I have it on 4.

Last edited:
Back