What styles are you rocking right now?

locabouthair

or what styles would you want to wear?

I know a lot of people are doing curlformers. I will try that when my hair grows back.

Right now I still wearing the same boring updo while I gradually trim off my damaged ends.

How are you weraing your hair?

And dont be scared to post pics.:grin:

In that bob thingy that Rihanna had before she took out the pieces where it gets longer to the front and cut down in the back, it was shaved but i'm letting it grow back and one side in the front is longer and swings down more.

In that bob thingy that Rihanna had before she took out the pieces where it gets longer to the front and cut down in the back, it was shaved but i'm letting it grow back and one side in the front is longer and swings down more.

i really liked that look.

i always said if I had the face for it i would cut my hair in a heartbeat.

I never tried bantu knots. I'll add that on my list of styles to try. Once I get to my goal length, I'll be practicing lots of styles.

I've been wearing my hair like this:

dsc05140bk4.jpg

Here's a style I would like to wear (locs):

nattylocszl5.jpg
cibelle3wy8.jpg

I'm forever in my half-wigs. I need to purchase another loose curl one.
47b8df35b3127cceb59f426f4aa200000005110BbtXLFq3cMd

I can't wait to rock these curls with my own hair :yep:.

Im currently in braids, I know what the style is called but my hair is braided for up to about 2-21/2 inches, and the ends curled. Im gonna have it till the end of the month when my new lace wig arrives!:gorgeous:

I've been living in a bun since January - once every 3 weeks I get a dominican blowout and wear it down for a few days then it's back to my bun :-)

DSC00457-vi.jpg

Last edited:
My usual style - I think I'll be rocking this for most of the year...

2250939931_a8ef4a22db_m.jpg

Two strand twists pulled into a flat twisted updo. Sometimes, I'll leave the front hanging as bangs, to mix it up a little.

right now i'm wearing the curlformers style.

but i really wanna do a nice braidout...they never come out good for me!:perplexed

Attachments

• valentine001.jpg
    valentine001.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 15
After wearing a bun almost every single day in 2007, I am texlaxed and wearing a rollerset ponytail for the 08.

I said that I was only going to wear phony ponies and 1/2 wigs for a few days a week but they're addictive and I am on a roll and I like looking and feeling "attractive" vs. looking and feeling "school marm-ish"... so I've been 1/2 wigging and phony ponying it up for the past couple of weeks. I thought about wearing a bun today, but the reality of it is, it's so plain :ohwell:

in a side parted bun. I am now bored of the ponytail and bun (having worn this same style for almost 20 years). I would love to cut my hair in Rihanna's current do
64915_Celebutopia-Rihanna_shopping_.jpg

but i've never had hair shorter than SL or even possibly APL. So that would be drastic.

Pat, you are texlaxed now? How do you like it? You are a 3 something right? I am soooooo tempted. Sorry for going off topic.:look:

Last edited:
in a side parted bun that i've been wearing since college. I am now bored of the ponytail and bun (having worn this same style for almost 20 years). I would love to cut my hair in Rihanna's current do
64915_Celebutopia-Rihanna_shopping_.jpg

but i've never had hair shorter than SL or even possibly APL. So that would be drastic.

Pat, you are texlaxed now? How do you like it? You are a 3 something right? I am soooooo tempted. Sorry for going off topic.:look:

That would be drastic, but you could braid your hair down and get an asymetric wig for a change w/o a comittment :yep:

I'm wearing microbraids right now. I've had them for a month now but I have almost 1/2 inch of new growth already. I might take them down this week and get another style.

I am currently doing a personal three month rollerset challenge. :gorgeous: So my hair is now in curls, thanks to curlformers.

I'm rocking that bun :lachen: and will continue to rock it for the rest of the year except for the occasional press out for prom and special events. I hope all this hard-work leads to BSL and beyond!

Boring bun/clipped up braid. @_@ I take my hair out at home when I oil it just to see it a little when I'm wearing a cami/tank top.

Chunky twists pinned up, (as usual) with my flexi8 clip.
BTW, I have Haitian Castor Oil in my hair it makes my hair SO soft.

A lot of people are rocking rollersets.
Poohbear I love your hair! When are you going to start loccing?

caribgurl and poochie I love the curls. poochie where did you find a sallys in NY to buy the curlformers?

PattTodd, a ponytail rollerset sounds cute.

Nappywoman how often do you redo your hair?

I see a lot of us are faithful with our protective styling.

caramela, i feel you. I feel very plain too with the same boring updo everyday. My last stylist broke my nape off so my hair is too thin to wear it down. I'm lucky I can cover up the damage when i wear it down. And I can't do buns . :ohwell:

I actually bought em at a local sally's by my folk's house. but on their website there's a link that tells u all the sally stores that sells them. Its broken down by city in each state.

Yup!! The weekly detangling was killing me, especially in the middle of my head, so I had to do something. It looks exactly the same, except now I can comb it if I want :rolleyes:!

Nappywoman how often do you redo your hair?

I redo the updo a couple of times a week - depending on how fiddly I'm being with my scalp. The two strand twists get redone every two weeks - sometimes I'll retwist some around the hairline after the first week/first wash.

Back