What special treatments do you put on your ends?

Nanyanika

I've just started researching products especially for keeping the hair ends intact: to combat dryness, splits, frizziness, breakage etc, evidently it is probably the most important and quite difficult when it comes to adding length to what we already have. I've been eye balling Redken clear moist ends and Redken Anti-snap leave-in treatment, but i need to get more reviews first. I'm trying to stick with the baggie method, and concerntrate enough moisture that's it, i feel i could do a lot more. Anyway is there anything special you apply to the ends to keeep them in great condition?

I use Salerm21, Humectress, Lacio, Lacio.
Sometimes I mix my cream leave-ins with Humectress for extra moisture, making sure to cover the ends very well.

The only thing I put my ends specifically to combat dryness and prevent split ends is pure vitamin e oil or coconut oil.

Hi Den1,

The only special treatment I use on my ends is avocado oil. I put this on moist ends before I sit under the dryer. I've been doing this for a couple of months, so I'm not really sure what effect it's had on my hair. I just like to put a touch of oil on my ends so they stay soft.

Kedra

I'm been using anti-snap and scurl with whatever grease or vaseline I have on hand and my ends have been responding beautifully. The ends are sleek and smooth and the breaking has stopped.

Depends on how i'm wearing my hair. Since I'm on the bun challenge I 've been coating my ends with worlds of curls activator and sealing with olive oil or vitamin e.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm been using anti-snap and scurl with whatever grease or vaseline I have on hand and my ends have been responding beautifully. The ends are sleek and smooth and the breaking has stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you recommend the anti-snap then?

[ QUOTE ]
Tigi Ego Boost and Profectiv Healthy Ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the Tigi Ego boost like? I tried Profectiv Healthy ends sometime ago but i found it too heavy and greasy on my hair.

Would you say that ther oil is a preventive in halting split ends and breakage? I notice that some of you add a leave-in/moisturiser first before sealing the ends with oil, does this method give great results?

[ QUOTE ]
ORS Carrot Oil and Profectiv Healthy Ends.

I also looooooooove a good reconstructor on my ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember using the ORS Carrot oil. my hair was so soft then 2 weeks later my hair broke off, but this was when i wasn't washing my hair frequently and caring for it as i do now, i haven't tried this product since.

i only use it 3 or 4 days out of the week.. then the other 3 days i use healthy ends.. then i wash my hair. maybe you'd have a better experience now that you wash more frequently?

[ QUOTE ]
i only use it 3 or 4 days out of the week.. then the other 3 days i use healthy ends.. then i wash my hair. maybe you'd have a better experience now that you wash more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i defintely think i'd have a better experience now because i'm following a healthier hair regime, next time i'll use it sparingly and only 2-3 times per week.

HI Den,

Yes I would. I haven't found it drying at all...could be because I also use scurl and unbraid spray which keeps my hair soft. Lets just say since I started it by breakage cut down by half. I don't shed much at all maybe 10-15 a day and that got cut to about 5-10 a day. And before my ends and some strands were snapping and breaking off and that has been almost stopped as well. I think it's the combo of moisture and the anti-snap.

I've been using coconut oil this summer...has worked well...not too heavy but after a few days I feel greasy

I'll probably use Keracare glossifier or Jojoba Oil mositurizer in the winter

Back