What silly things do you do when trying to grow your hair long?

misskris816

Since most of us are on the quest for long and healthy hair, I know sometimes we can get a bit obsessed. What are some of the silly things you do (that may or may not work) to psyche yourself out during this long process?

I'll go first. Sometimes I'll try to tell myself that I don't want my hair to grow ("Dang, I would really hate for my hair to grow to BSL"). When I'm applying my BT I'll sometimes try to think like I'm applying a growth inhibitor. You know how it is when we don't want something to happen.... it usually happens at a speedy pace.

Someone please respond so I don't feel like a real nut job, LOL :lachen:

you are funny!

I do the opposite. I speak those things that be not as though they were, which is why I'm going to respond to the brastrap length in 08 thread! lol :D

i'm not sure if i do any silly things but...

i remember maybe 2 years ago some of the ladies on this forum were ranting and raving about how laying upside down for 5 minutes would bring all the blood to your head- thereby stimulating the scalp for growth. some ladies swore by this technique but i always thought it was silly:lol:

hrmmmm I don't have anything silly that I do for hair growth. But it's funny hearing about what others do.

I was going to jokingly say that I hang upside down to stimulate my scalp ... but thefineprint said people seriously did that. LOL.

nomoweavesfome said:
you are funny!

I do the opposite. I speak those things that be not as though they were, which is why I'm going to respond to the brastrap length in 08 thread! lol :D

Me too.
I too speak life to my hair...I pray over the shorter side...nothing broken nothing missing in Jesus Christ name ;)

I don't hang upside down, but I might actually start. My cousins SWEAR by it and they all have midback to waistlength hair:ohwell:

thefineprint said:
i'm not sure if i do any silly things but...

i remember maybe 2 years ago some of the ladies on this forum were ranting and raving about how laying upside down for 5 minutes would bring all the blood to your head- thereby stimulating the scalp for growth. some ladies swore by this technique but i always thought it was silly:lol:
I always wanted to do that. I know its good to give blood circulation to the areas like the crown which have lower blood flow that the rest of your head

cutiebe2 said:
I always wanted to do that. I know its good to give blood circulation to the areas like the crown which have lower blood flow that the rest of your head

Yep! That's part of the reason why pooing a lot is good you are massaging your scalp, there for increasing circulation ;)

Y'all remember the 100 brush stroke tale/method...it was all about stimulating the scalp as opposed to the actual brushing of the hair. I digress...again:lachen:

Let me see, I'm gonna have to think about this...brb:p

Hanging upside down is also good for your thyroid so don't worry too much about looking silly ladies! Just do it when you are alone, better yet there is a shoulder stand or some type of yoga move that encourages this circulation as well.

I remember whenever I wanted to grow out my bangs (long long time ago) it seemed that all I'd have to do is wear my hair in a straight back pony/bun for a week or two and every time I pulled it back to the front my bangs were longer. Little did i know I was hiding my hair/protective styling.

I don't know if this is silly...
but I concentrate for a few minutes
and visualize my hair at my goal lenght
and then visualize the strands growing
from my scalp...
this works in other areas of life too...
:D

SouthernTease said:
from my scalp...

Do you think this has helped? Just curious :)

SouthernTease said:
from my scalp...

Girl, I DO THIS TOO!! EVERYDAY :)....I close my eyes and concentrate on my scalp, I can "feel" something going on up there, I think it does work, it can't hurt...My scalp feels like it is constantly tingling!! :)

I have went to work with my hair uncurled and just in a poof ball not puff but poof because i wanted to avoid damaging it with curlers or any other high stress manipulation such as combing and brushing. I don't regret it though becuase I am concerned with the condition of my hair not what people got to say.

I sit upside down on my sofa with my head hanging down, or hang my head of the side of my bed to get the blood flow going to my scalp. I got the idea from doing yoga years ago - I noticed that the yoga teachers I had, male and female and mature all had incredibly thick heads of hair and I put it down to the fact that they do head stands a lot!:look:

I did chop up and crush an onion once and applied it to my scalp before washing - because I heard the sulphur in onions applied topically to the scalp would simulate growth. That was before I found LHCF!

Back