What should I try--oyin, qhemet, myhoneychild

BeautifulRoots

Ok so im 4a/4b and im looking for a really good hair creme and gel to purchase. Im not quite sure which one to get, but i've narrowed it down to three product lines that I have been eying...Im interested in trying some cremes, leave ins, gels, something. lol. I have really thick hair so im looking for something on the heavier, thicker, richer side as far as the hair creme and gels go. Im also looking for good definition, moisture and shine. I would also like to achieve second and third day hair if possible and still have a nice style. So I was wondering which product(s) from the 3 lines should I choose? Which ones have you tried, were they good, bad, etc.

The Amla Olive Heavy Cream from Qhemet is the best if you love heavy, thick, rich creams. I'm natural and it makes my hair very soft. The softness lasts for at least a week.

I have tried and still use the qhemet root burdock butter very moisturizing and it makes your hair very soft.

Even though I thought I had thick dry hair, Qhems Amla and Olive Heavy Cream was way to heavy for my hair. It pretty much coated it. Just a warning. The first ingredients are castor and olive oil.

If you want something a bit lighter like toy said, the burdock root buttercream sounds good and the first ingredient is water. I plan on trying this instead.

I say if you try qhem, buy a sample of the Heavy Cream and Burdock Root Butter Cream and decided which you prefer. That's what I should have done!

I've never tried my honeychild but I have purchased oyinhandmade. The Whipped pudding-I think it moisturizes alright, but I'm not crazy about the scent. I really like their spritzes though, mainly juices and berries.

I'm going to go with Kay.Dee on this one. I've tried the Qhemet heavy cream, the burdock root cream, and the olive conditioner and detangler (not being produced until further notice), the Oyin Whipped Pudding, their Honey Hemp conditioner, their Shine and Define, and their Juices and Berries. Of the MyHoneyChild I've only tried the conditioner. Not the banana one, the one that has raw honey as the first ingredient. So I can't say much about MyHoneyChild.

I'd order sample sizes of the Qhemet stuff like Kay.Dee said. I also don't really like the heavy cream. You can order a sampler of the Oyin, too. I like the whipped pudding mixed with the honey hemp because the first is too thick and the latter is too thin. But if I had to choose one to recommend to another 4b, I'd go with the Qhemet.

^
Mwedzi
I never thought about mixing the honey hemp conditioner and the whipped pudding, thanks for the idea

I have both Qhemets and Oyin.

I have the heavy cream, burdock root cream and the olive and honey hydrating balm.

I moisturize with burdock and hydrating balm leaves my hair wonderfully moisturized.

When I use the Oyin I moisturize with whipped pudding and burnt sugar pomade. I love the honey hemp conditioner and the juices and berries.

Thanks everyone. Never thought of getting the sample packs. I think I may get the qhemet samples to try out the heavy creme and the burdock root creme. Do you all know how long qhemet takes to ship when ordering from their site?

Last edited:
Qhemet does take a little while to ship. I believe I received my items two weeks after I placed the order. However, the products are well worth the wait. The Burdoc root cream and the Amla heave cream I love them both. MyHoneyChild is awesome. I love her products. Hairveda.net is awesome as well just as Shescentit. I dont want to add to your list because you are already having a hard time deciding what to purchase. Why dont you try one of the cream from Qhemet first. I believe you will be very pleased. I am transitioning and the heavy cream makes my new growth soft and very manageable. :grin:

Oh hell, I didn't even realize this thread was like a month old! I was really about to give my 2 cents, too :giggle:

So what'd you decide on? How'd you like it?

Oh hell, I didn't even realize this thread was like a month old! I was really about to give my 2 cents, too :giggle:

So what'd you decide on? How'd you like it?

i ended up getting samples of the amla and olive cream, soft hold gel, and olive balm. The thread is about 3 weeks old, I ordered the same day I made this thread. So yea, I realize it takes a while to receive an order. Hope its worth the wait, I will keep ya posted.

I have tried all three of these companies products.............

In terms of moisture/ lushious Twists.....In terms of all three.....

Qhemet wins - hands down....

The Amla/Olive heavy cream is excellent.:yawn:
The Burdock root one is also nice.:yep: I only have the sample though...and since I have ALOT of hair - it is hard to judge that one....
The Detangler is a thumbs down for me... No detangling...They reformulated.:(.:nono:

Oyin has a couple of different creams....
The chocolate one is not a winner for me... I did not feel like I retained moisture. It is however an all over body cream....
There is another one from oyin - :nono: I did not like the feel after twisting...Very watery....But it smells great.

I would only reccomend the honey hemp condish from oyin. WONDERMOUS....:lick::lick:

MyhoneyChild.....I have to give a thumbs down....

4B Hair Cream
I had a few issues with the Hair creams... 1st, they were a bit watery for my taste, and then - the product I got was growing microbes.... When I called her about it.... She had an attitude:rolleyes: and did not offer any replacements. Trash....Needless to say - she won't get another dime from me.

The 4b Cream worked for my mom... She has 3B hair....:rolleyes: But hers also grew microbes....

Olive You Condish...EXCELLENT.... But - pricey to order...So I stopped. I make Caramel instead...

I would encourage you to get samples... Then you can decide for yourself.:yep:

Back