What shape of diamond do you love, hate?

Boo better not come to me with no foolishness. You doggon right the ring is important. You better believe he gon know what I likes and better bring me what I likes.

Ohh....we gon discuss the ring before the proposal. As much as I love jewelry...girl....don't get me started.

You would think I had a real Boo...huh.:look:

But that's what I'm saying - we're not talking janky vs. nice ring...but two nice rings.

You love an Emerald Cut and he shows up with a beautiful round cut. Are you sending his ass back?!? I mean, really - is there any truth to the statement that "if the man is right, the ring won't matter".

And just keep in mind, diamonds as engagement gifts are a western idea...and a MARKETING idea started by DeBeers in the '60s.

And I'm asking because I don't know. I'd love to say "it ain't about that" but I can't front - I want a banger. I don't wear a lot of jewelry but I want a RING. Not a piece of jewelry, not a stone, in a setting. But a RING. Not a "I thought about this for 3 months and saved some extra cash and got her something" but a "I thought about this for 8 months and have been planning on this for even longer and want to floor her".

One of my co-workers said he started saving for an engagement ring when he turned 25. He was single at the time - and said he put a little money aside each month. He figured if he did get married, it wouldn't be this major life change to save for the ring, and if he didn't, at 40, he'd have some money for a boat or something. At 31 he asked his girlfriend of 2 years to marry him with HALF of the $35K he had saved up from age 25. Yea, she got a banger - Bailey Banks & Biddle. We all helped pick it out! :wallbash:

But that's what I'm saying - we're not talking janky vs. nice ring...but two nice rings.

You love an Emerald Cut and he shows up with a beautiful round cut. Are you sending his ass back?!? I mean, really - is there any truth to the statement that "if the man is right, the ring won't matter".

And just keep in mind, diamonds as engagement gifts are a western idea...and a MARKETING idea started by DeBeers in the '60s.

And I'm asking because I don't know. I'd love to say "it ain't about that" but I can't front - I want a banger. I don't wear a lot of jewelry but I want a RING. Not a piece of jewelry, not a stone, in a setting. But a RING. Not a "I thought about this for 3 months and saved some extra cash and got her something" but a "I thought about this for 8 months and have been planning on this for even longer and want to floor her".

One of my co-workers said he started saving for an engagement ring when he turned 25. He was single at the time - and said he put a little money aside each month. He figured if he did get married, it wouldn't be this major life change to save for the ring, and if he didn't, at 40, he'd have some money for a boat or something. At 31 he asked his girlfriend of 2 years to marry him with HALF of the $35K he had saved up from age 25. Yea, she got a banger - Bailey Banks & Biddle. We all helped pick it out! :wallbash:

That statement means absolutely nothing to me.:look: This is the way I see it....I've been married before. My ex-husband was awful...So, my next husband is gonna have to bring it...If I want a 3 carat (or more...:look:) princess cut solitary diamond he better not come to me with a 3 carat marquis cut!:nono:

In all honesty...it's gonna depend on the person. For some it may be okay...to for their Boo to give them a nice ring they deep down inside don't like. But for me....I can't do it. I'm all about happiness and joy. Therefor Boo gon have have to buy me what I likes.:grin:

That statement means absolutely nothing to me.:look: This is the way I see it....I've been married before. My ex-husband was awful...So, my next husband is gonna have to bring it...If I want a 3 carat (or more...:look:) princess cut solitary diamond he better not come to me with a 3 carat marquis cut!:nono:

In all honesty...it's gonna depend on the person. For some it may be okay...to for their Boo to give them a nice ring they deep down inside don't like. But for me....I can't do it. I'm all about happiness and joy. Therefor Boo gon have have to buy me what I likes.:grin:

...and ain't nothing wrong with that. I hope you don't think I'm putting you on the spot for asking the question - cuz I really don't know how I feel. On one hand, I'm like "it ain't about the ring", but damnit IT IS. It's not all about the ring, but some of it is. Like I said, I don't dream of my wedding day, and I'm not thinking "could I marry this man" within 2.5 seconds of meeting him, but I want a BANGER!

...and is there anything wrong with that?!

...and ain't nothing wrong with that. I hope you don't think I'm putting you on the spot for asking the question - cuz I really don't know how I feel. On one hand, I'm like "it ain't about the ring", but damnit IT IS. It's not all about the ring, but some of it is. Like I said, I don't dream of my wedding day, and I'm not thinking "could I marry this man" within 2.5 seconds of meeting him, but I want a BANGER!

...and is there anything wrong with that?!

Girl, obviously you don't know me that well....I can talk about me and Boo forever.:lachen:What he gon buy me, how he's gon love me and I'm gon love him....what type of jewelry he's gon buy me and so forth. :spinning:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there's absolutely nothing wrong women who don't care what kinda or size ring they get....because they gon live on love....blah, blah,blah.:rolleyes:

But as for me....AND you. We care about the ring doggon it! We wants what we wants! What we wants is a BANGER....and nothing less.:grin:

Girl, obviously you don't know me that well....I can talk about me and Boo forever.:lachen:What he gon buy me, how he's gon love me and I'm gon love him....what type of jewelry he's gon buy me and so forth. :spinning:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there's absolutely nothing wrong women who don't care what kinda or size ring they get....because they gon live on love....blah, blah,blah.:rolleyes:

But as for me....AND you. We care about the ring doggon it! We wants what we wants! What we wants is a BANGER....and nothing less.:grin:

Girl I understand where you are coming, I share the same philosophy. Even more so that we don't even have to do a big wedding thing at all, going to the JOP is good enough for me. I just want my ring to be something that I like, just like his ring will be something that he likes.

Girl I understand where you are coming, I share the same philosophy. Even more so that we don't even have to do a big wedding thing at all, going to the JOP is good enough for me. I just want my ring to be something that I like, just like his ring will be something that he likes.

That's a great point. What about his ring?!?? Does he deserve a banger?? I mean, we're not talking about hubby walking around with a 3 carat rock to match our 4 carats, but I'm saying - can he have one too?!

LOVE: Pear, Cushion, Radiant, Oval, Asscher
DISLIKE (won't say hate b/c a diamond is a diamond, I'll take it how I can get it lol!): Emerald (no sparkle), marquis(too long of a shape for my long, thin fingers), heart (da hell?)...
NEUTRAL: Round (b/c I want something out of the ordinary...but w/ the right setting), Princess (snags on clothing, but still a nice cut)

...and I would like at least a carat!:lachen:

That's right miss. Single girls unite:superman:

:peace:

DISLIKE (won't say hate b/c a diamond is a diamond, I'll take it how I can get it lol!): Emerald (no sparkle), marquis(too long of a shape for my long, thin fingers), heart (da hell?)...
NEUTRAL: Round (b/c I want something out of the ordinary...but w/ the right setting), Princess (snags on clothing, but still a nice cut)

Yeah, that heart.....:lachen:

That's a great point. What about his ring?!?? Does he deserve a banger?? I mean, we're not talking about hubby walking around with a 3 carat rock to match our 4 carats, but I'm saying - can he have one too?!

Boo can have whatever he wants within reason.:look:

Girl-my ring be blinding folks with it's sparkle-you betta recognize!!! :lachen: :lachen:
It's all about color, clarity and CARATS!!! :grin:

I have and love the princess cut!:yep: I just found out about the Ascher cut so, that's my new favorite. My least favorite is the marquis and pear.

I luv this thread. Lastnight my 5 yr old daughter and I bonded. We went online looking at jewelry and diamonds. She has taste like her mommy....she likes the solitaire princess cut.:love3:

Girl-my ring be blinding folks with it's sparkle-you betta recognize!!! :lachen: :lachen:
It's all about color, clarity and CARATS!!! :grin:

:lachen::lachen:Dang you just:hammer:me huh?!!:lachen: You're right, the emerald does have sparkle, I stand corrected. I just want the most sparkle lol!! ITA w/ the bolded.:grin:

I just thought about something, the last thread I fell in love with got locked.:wallbash: Now, I don't guess there's no way possible we can mess a thread up about diamonds right?:look:

I love Brilliant (Which I have) cushion, princess, oval, emerald,radiant, I really do not like Marquise or pear...they are basically the same to me??

Back