What semi permanent color are relaxed heads using? Please tell me...

BrownBetty

Hi ladies,

I've used henna for the last couple of years but would like to switch to a rinse. Before henna I used paul sebastian colorshines and since that has been discontinued I need a new rinse. I don't want to track it down everytime I run out.

So what are you ladies using? How does it make your hair feel? How often do you touch it up? I would like to go dark brown or black, I am a lil over the red.

Thanks!

MV

I use sebastians colorshines. Its not discontinues but they have less colors than before.

I got it in deep brunette, which is jet black. I was touching it up like every 3 weeks or so.

Its the best rinse I've ever used. The other ones like adore, would rinse out within a week.

I use Clairol Radiance (Red-Violet Brown) - My hair feels stronger and I like that it has glycerin in the ingredients as well as other good stuff.

I touch up every 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I've used henna for the last couple of years but would like to switch to a rinse. Before henna I used paul sebastian colorshines and since that has been discontinued I need a new rinse. I don't want to track it down everytime I run out.

So what are you ladies using? How does it make your hair feel? How often do you touch it up? I would like to go dark brown or black, I am a lil over the red.

Thanks!

MV
Right after I rinse the color out my hair is really hard. So I put a moisturizing co (I use Keracare humecto) and DC w/ heat. After that, my hair is so soft like butter. I like the Beautiful Collections coz my hair comes out with crazy sheen. It's got jojoba oil and aloe vera in it. Last time I did it, I used some neutral protein filler and it took really well. I followed the other ladies' advice and sprayed the diluted protein right on my hair right before I put the color on. I use to do Jazzing's black cherry all the TIME, now I wanted a change so I do the ash black Beautiful Collections.

As far as how often, really it's about every 2 or 3 weeks. I have a bob, so one small bottle lasts me two applications.

Right after I rinse the color out my hair is really hard. So I put a moisturizing co (I use Keracare humecto) and DC w/ heat. After that, my hair is so soft like butter. I like the Beautiful Collections coz my hair comes out with crazy sheen. It's got jojoba oil and aloe vera in it. Last time I did it, I used some neutral protein filler and it took really well. I followed the other ladies' advice and sprayed the diluted protein right on my hair right before I put the color on. I use to do Jazzing's black cherry all the TIME, now I wanted a change so I do the ash black Beautiful Collections.

As far as how often, really it's about every 2 or 3 weeks. I have a bob, so one small bottle lasts me two applications.

Okay that is staight up ingenious. Wondering if that my APhogee green tea restructurizer could work. OP, I use Colorshowers and I have to say that I love it, and will continue to use it in the future. It gives great color and shine and it smells very good.

Back