What salon do you go to?

Nice

I was interested to know the salon that the ladies on this forum trust with their hair.

I go to Marcia at Lavar Hair Designs in Manahattan, New York.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
I was interested to know the salon that the ladies on this forum trust with their hair.

I go to Marcia at Lavar Hair Designs in Manahattan, New York.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too
smile.gif
I luv luv luv me some Marcia

Marthe - (Rosalia's on 125th and 2nd)

Mari - (Venus on 5th Ave/Douglas - Brooklyn)

Went to : Yohanny's on 110th/ Columbus
Rosalinas' on 149 Amsterdam
Noel @ Luxe Studios on Canal (lushluxestudios.com)
Mari (II) at the Above Ground (109th/Columbus)

I been around
frown.gif

CaramelHonee and Nice what services do you go to Marcia for?

Pepperanne2 what did you get done by Noel at luxe? did you like him/the salon?

thanks

I got my color done by Noel (girl) at Luxe. I went there May 03 and got plumish hightlights (I was wearing a deep wine colored hue at that time) and they were very nice. As the semi-perm wore off I like the color below (like a red head (think freckles) so I went again in November for a color retouch using those same colors). To make a long story short, I had to go 3 times for her to understand what I wanted but that wasn't as bad as that hard bristle brush she used on my "FRESHLY COLORED WEAK TRESSES" while it was damp. I told her I didn't like it and she is like oh no...this is ok.. and I am steadlily saying NO NO NO. I realized the damage that was done when my hair was styled and I looked like porcupine
frown.gif
At this VERY MOMENT I am recovering from that bristle brush and color
frown.gif

In her defense...if there is one. She can color but you MUST be very adamant about what you want and to get a ROLLER SET!

Oh, and they are quite pricey. I will not be returning for a color touch up; my hair health comes first. But you can check the website and decide for yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
CaramelHonee and Nice what services do you go to Marcia for

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Caralexis, I go to Marica for my chemical services (relaxer). She really is the best. And she is so not a scissor happy stylist. She knows what I mean when I say a "dusting"!!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
CaramelHonee and Nice what services do you go to Marcia for

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Caralexis, I go to Marica for my chemical services (relaxer). She really is the best. And she is so not a scissor happy stylist. She knows what I mean when I say a "dusting"!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
Same here.

OH NO Pepperanne! She sounds awful! How much can one know about hair if they want to brush WET hair...and after a chemical service at that. Thank you for sharing that. They will not be seeing me. lol

thanks nice and caramel- Marcia sounds great!

[ QUOTE ]
NYCITY said:
How much does Marcia Charge for a relaxer???

[/ QUOTE ]

$73 with conditioner and trim.

I go to Azans in downtown Toronto, Canada. It's costs me 85.41 for a touch up, steam treatment, trim and style and it's always money well spent.

I get my hair done at JC pennys at the McCain mall in Arkansas. If anyone decides to go their ask for Tywanna. She is the best hair stylist I ever had
smile.gif
. She has taken very good care of my hair and she believes in hair health first. I have been going to her for 2 years now. She pressed my hair for me when I was natural and she gave me my first relaxer.

I go to a place called Fantastic Sam's. My mothers Class mate and friend is my Stylist, and she's about the only one I trust as far as goin to the salon to get my hair done.

Back